Weight gain

iVillage Member
Weight gain
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 11:18pm
So ladies this is my first pregnancy, I'm 23 and a half weeks. I'm just curious how much you've gained this far.. I joked at the beginning of my pregnancy that I would not gain anymore then 15lbs. But my sister a mom of 3 laughed at me. I know why now.. I started out at 143 I'm 5'4 and now I just checked I'm at the 160 mark.. I've been eating healthy and everyone says I'm all belly but I think I need reassurance that this is normal or is it those pumpkin spice lattes from starbucks I'm been drinking lol..
iVillage Member
In reply to: mel_m
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 7:06am
I would say if you Doc isnt bringing it to your attention then don't worry about it, if they thought you were on a weight gain fast track they would tell you.
I can tell you that with my 1st i gained 70lbs +/-, with my 2nd i gained about 40lbs and with this one so far i've gained about 11 (at my last visit 2 weeks ago)but this time i'm running after 2 kids, not sitting at a desk job all day. I was able to take off all of the weight from my 1st in about 7 months, the second was a little longer probably about 10 months or so, i attribute a lot of the weight loss post partum to bfing, and eating really really well. I would say your weight gain is totally normal to this point, but if you're really concerned have a chat with your Doc at your next visit.
pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 7:46am

I am a week ahead of you and have gained around the same amount,

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 8:15am

quite honestly i don't know because i haven't stepped on a scale recently, but i am guessing i am up about 25lbs or so right now at 24 weeks.

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 8:19am
Ya, 15 this early isnt uncommon, I think that's where I'm at right now... at least I was a week ago at my appointment (after a huge ice tea! should have been 10!) But, really as long as you are taking care of yourself then you are fine. That's more than I can say for myself!!! Junk food please! ;)
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 2:20pm

Hi there...it's a great question...I keep wondering about my weight gain too but for the first time it's from the opposite side of the road...I've only put on 9lbs and am at 21wks...I'm far bellow my previous weight gain at 21wks...with Tristan I gained 55lbs, with Oli I gained 45lbs...I was on track until 24 wks for both pgs at around 20/25lbs but then got gestational diabetes (sp?) and all went drastically up from there...the low carbs high fat diet did me in....this time around though I'm finding things much smoother...like the previous poster said...I'm not sitting at a desk job sbacking all day, I'm running after two very active boys...playing soccer, hockey, making crafts, chores, strolls to the playground...it makes for good excercise and much less snack opportunities!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 12:45am
Yep. I agree with the others. Your weight looks pretty healthy to me. I think I'll probably be the heavy gainer of our group. I don't know my current weight, but I've been eating terribly the last several weeks. We went on a road trip and I still haven't gotten back into the swing of cooking meals. I'm not feeling all that hungry right now, but the heartburn makes me want to drink a gallon of milk every 30 minutes or so. If I don't eat anything, the heartburn starts up. Also, I have an 11 month old. He's not walking yet, but if I get up and try to do chores around the house, he drops everything to crawl after me. Then, I have to make sure he's not getting into anything dangerous while I'm folding laundry or trying to cook. It's easier to just sit on the couch, as sad as that sounds.
Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)