TTC this month only

iVillage Member
TTC this month only
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 10:10pm

I know there's a hopefuls thread, but I wanted to share all my details. We just had our baby boy on my birthday in December. While I've had baby fever since he was 3 months old, I was telling myself and everyone else we wanted to wait at least 1 year before TTC again. Last weekend, at a family party, I learned that several other moms were TTC again right now also. I was so excited for them, and it sparked the thought it my head. "Why not try and see?" I am currently ON my AF (6/19), which would put me at a edd of 3/25. My DH's bday is 3/14, and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the next one on his bday.

Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-25-2011 - 12:11pm
Hi stephanie! I am glad there r ppl out there that have baby fever too!!.. I too, had my baby recently. Well on oct, '10. So he will be 9 months in a few weeks. I had baby fever for 2 months now. When I see preggo woman, I want it more! I actually didn't want to start tryin until he was a lil over a year. So around next janurary. But now I don't think I can wait that long. Though I already have another boy. (2 boys total) my first is 2.7 yrs old. I am so hoping for a girl next. I really want a girl now.
I really want to wait to conceive in august so baby is due in may. But I'm not sure if I can wait that long lol!
So I'm glad there's ppl out there like me! :)
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-25-2011 - 12:17pm
Yep, we had the big plan to wait until several different things fell into place. 1) wait at least a year to TTC 2) have enough financial freedom so I can become a SAHM 3) have moved or have a plan to move out of our owned condo

The fever has just taken over me! I know I have these perfect ideas of when I want things to happen, but in the long run, will any of that matter? Now, the idea of having a possible little friend for my guy is all I think about. I'm so happy to hear you're feeling the fever too! Any reason for the Aug/May idea?

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-25-2011 - 12:28pm
There is always something getting in the way huh?but Some ppl have lots of kids and they survive. Finacial ready? I'm not quiet sure about that for us. I am a stay @ home mom. My hubby doesn't make a lot of money but enough to survive as of now lol. Or I'm not sure. That's kinda one reason I'm willing to hold off, but then again you can never make enough money.

We want to have maybe a family of four. And perfer to have them close of age. Since we have all the baby stuff, why not just get it over with. Lol. Sounds horrible. Cause when there are big gaps, kids don't adore each other much.

I wanted 2 yr age differenece so that would be me started to conceive in jan '12. But then august isntead of now just cause I'm selfish haha. Just kidding. Just small reasons. I have braces and I will be gettin them off soon. I can't be preggo again wearing them (xrays and all) and a few activites coming up. Don't want to risk a miscarriage.
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-25-2011 - 12:38pm
I can totally relate. I want to get all the baby stuff out of the way. I have visions of us going on family vacations when our kids are older. I want to get bottles and diapers and car seats over and done. Originally, we only wanted two kids. Now, DH is talking like he'd be interested in a third. I just have visions of the third child always being left out during trips to theme parks, on airplane rides, etc. I don't know. I'm also afraid I'm going to have the fever again after baby #2. I just want to crank em out and start our lives as a complete family. lol

And if you have braces and concerns with xrays, I think you're being very smart about it. As of right now, you could easily start charting and practicing!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-26-2011 - 11:19pm
If three, than why not four kids! Lol! Orginally my hubby wants 4 kids. I told him yesterday maybe one more and I'm done. But nope he wants 4. And he wants to have em all with small gaps in between ( year-2yr gaps) I really just want my girl and maybe be done.
Yesterday my parents gave me a lecture (again) about having too many kids. And about kids close in age. Saying its not good blah blah blah. For some reason they think we're gonna have 10 kids lol. They messed my mood up that I didn't want to start trying for number 3 until next year. But then again, today slowly I'm going back to wanting to have baby sooner. I don't know what to do!
How old r u by the way and from where?
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-26-2011 - 11:21pm
And your trying to conceive soon? Suppously today is my "ovulating" day, going by my period tracker. Though I only had one period since I stopped breastfeeding. But it don't really look like I am ovulating. Or I don't really know what to look for. There's not much discharge today. (Sorry if too much info).. r u a pro @ tracking??
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-26-2011 - 11:41pm
When I told my mom that we already had a new boy name picked out for the next child, she immediately said, "raise your first kid first." I was like wtf? I'm trying to plan out my family and its not of her damn business when we decide to ttc a second. And I'm not ttc because my son isn't enough or that I don't love him. I really think its best to block out that negative energy and focus on what feels right to you guys.

I'm 26 and live in Illinois. My dh is 30. We were hoping he could reenlist in the Marines before ttc #2, but his weight loss is slow. I don't want to wait forever.

I'm not an expert charter, but my cycles are pretty regular. 28 days on average. I'm expected to O around July 3rd and we want to attempt a girl sway. So, we dtd this morning and I will start my 7 day opk tomorrow. Once I get a Smiley face, that'll be my final dtd day.

Part of me is obviously excited at the possibility of getting PG. The other part of me doesn't like being pregnant and watching what I eat. If we don't get PG, I will be let down but will then be free to work on my weight loss more and focus more energy on my DS. So either way, I'm looking at it as a sign that we were either ready or we weren't.

What about you? Where ya from?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 11:33am
What's dtd? And seven day opk? And aiming for a girl? How??
I'm 25 and my hubby will turn 34 in July. We live in Oregon. So cause of hubby's age too, he wants to get done having kids sooner. Ill be 26 in Dec, ur bday is in Dec right? Mines the 20th and urs??
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 5:19pm
DTD is doing the deed/doing the dance/having sex. OPK is Ovulation Predictor Kit. Sorry I use these terms - I learned them all while TTC my first using iVillage. My bday is 12/11 just like my son's. That's why we're aiming to do my hubby's bday next. I started the OPK today with a negative for ovulation. I am trying for a girl by adjusting my diet and DTD prior to ovulation rather than on the day of or after. There's a whole board on iVillage called Gender Determination or something.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 8:56pm
Oh I couldn't find that board.. so many boards. Where is it located?? So before your son you were tracking ur ovulation too? To track your ovulation, do u buy that kit at store? Is it good for only one month or more?? Sorry I'm totally new to that stuff.. all I know is, if I want a baby, just do the deed, and then I'm preggo. I've been lucky.

Yeah I read on a website to do it like 3 days before ovulation day since girl sperms take forever to get to egg.. hmm

Pages