TTC this month only

iVillage Member
TTC this month only
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 10:10pm

I know there's a hopefuls thread, but I wanted to share all my details. We just had our baby boy on my birthday in December. While I've had baby fever since he was 3 months old, I was telling myself and everyone else we wanted to wait at least 1 year before TTC again. Last weekend, at a family party, I learned that several other moms were TTC again right now also. I was so excited for them, and it sparked the thought it my head. "Why not try and see?" I am currently ON my AF (6/19), which would put me at a edd of 3/25. My DH's bday is 3/14, and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the next one on his bday.

Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 9:23pm
Here it is!
http://forums.ivillage.com/t5/Gender-Determination/ct-p/iv-psgender

Before my son, I was using a cell phone app called "My Days" to sorta figure out my ovulation dates. It took three months, but we finally got the BFP we were looking for. The only reason I bought the kit was because we really want a baby but can't take any chances this month. It's now or we need to wait until next year. The TTC boards on here are extremely helpful for learning more about charting.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 9:28pm
Oh and your question about the kits. I bought this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Digital-Ovulation-Count-Packaging/dp/B000ZM24UM/ref=pd_sim_hpc_3

It's only good for 7 days. They're pretty expensive, but I had reward dollars to use at CVS to make it cheaper. There are cheaper kits that show just lines rather than smiley faces --but I heard they're harder to read.

If you're not really aiming for a specific time of year, I don't think you'll need the help of an OPK. Since you've recently stopped BF'ing, it'll take your body a little bit of time to get regular again.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 8:24pm
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 8:25pm
Oh alrighty, thanks. Let me know how it goes!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 11:05pm
I got a positive OPK today! So, we're DTD tonight and leaving it up to fate!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 1:19pm
Good luck! Let us know if anything :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 8:05pm
Hey :) we haven't been trying. But done it a few times without protection and pull out. Well my aunt flo is a day late. I took a preggo test and its negitive.. I sure wouldn't mind to be preggo, and same time I would. Either way ill be happy.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 10:34pm
Hmm, day late and negative? Is your cycle pretty predictable? I'm still in the 2 week wait. As of right now, the egg could technically still be trying to implant. However, I'm not feeling pregnant. I peed frequently last time, so I have a sneaking suspicion we didn't hit our mark. I might test on Friday.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 1:27am
Oh. I just stopped breastfeeding in may. And finally got my aunt flo in june. Normally my cycles r normal. I don't know, I am being very crampy today. I was crampy with my first kid. But then again it can be period cramps. Its fruserating, not knowing what's going on.

But hey you can be preggo and not have much symtpoms. I don't remember any when I was preggo with 1st kiddo. 2nd I had early symptoms. Well fingers crossed. :) let me know what's up,
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2011 - 10:32am
Well looks like I got my period. :/
Baby dust for you though :)