Any cravings or aversions?

iVillage Member
Any cravings or aversions?
Fri, 07-13-2012 - 4:39am

The thought or sight of a cookie or cake or something sweet makes me want to vomit. ( I live on sugar!)

Actually nothing sounds good but I feel like I'm starving.

What sounds good to you and what makes you sick?

I was craving ranch dressing tonight..but a good ranch. I bought two bottles.. Hidden valley original and marie's ranch. They did NOT hit the spot.

Any suggestions?

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 11:05pm
Even before I took the home test at almost 2 weeks late, I was craving garlic -- in fact that is one of the reasons dh insisted I take a test. my dd thought it was hilarious that I sauted fresh garlic cloves and then proceeded to eat a garlic sandwich....something I'd never done before.

With dd, I craved pasta, rice, and potatoes and those are her favorite foods....with ds, I craved spicy Mexican food and ds's favorite food is spicy Mexican....
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 1:03pm
I'm craving tacos and fruit ! That is all I want all the time. And I am also extremely thirsty !!!

I think it's interesting how many people are craving fruit :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 3:50pm
I am having a ton of cravings and aversions! Way more than with any of my other three pregnancies. They change from day to day though but the common theme is fruit. I was craving peaches like crazy but I can't find a good peach to save my life. They are all mealy and gross! I went through a cottage cheese kick but I only like one type of cottage cheese, hood country style and it is really high in sodium. I was on an avocado roll kick for a few days. Pineapple and watermelon but I kept on burping it up all day! gross! I am not craving water at all which is bad because I need water with my digestion issues I have going right now. I'm getting better with the veggies. There was awhie there that I couldn't even think about a veggie. It's hard because I'm still dealing with m/s and the zofran is giving me other, worse side effects so I'm trying to take them as little as possible so what I can eat each day is a struggle, but I'm constantly hungry! Like starving! But i can only eat so much before im stuffed and feeling sick from too much food. I have not had a weight LOSS issue, that's for sure! I think I've gained 6 pounds so far this pregnancy and I do not need to gain right now! I can't seem to control my hunger and since I have a hard time cooking or even going in a grocery storre, I've been eating out like CRAZY! I just want to feel normal :smileysad: Abbie
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 11:40pm
Definetly aversions and cravings. Anything heavy makes me sick to my stomach like steak or pasta. Nothing tastes the same to me right now. I have obsession with wanting chips and salsa, the good kind at a authentic restaurant. The only other things I feel like eating are soup broth, bagels, and salad (with good homemade ranch, not bottled). I have a routine where I go to the pantry find nothing, go to the fridge and find nothing, then give up still hungry !