Baby Nursery

iVillage Member
Baby Nursery
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 9:42pm

So I've never done a baby nursery with an actual theme or matching bedding etc. We've always been in rentals so I've kind of thought "what's the point?"

But this time we in a rental that belongs to family so we'll be here for a while and I feel I can decorate as I want. 

What do you think of this set? I want something that will go for boy or girl. The cot and change table and chest of drawers are all dark high gloss timber. 

http://www.skiphop.com/product/treetopfriendsbedding.html

I really like the colours cause they're bright and happy.

Anyone else got any plans?

Candice

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to: tzygani
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 7:46pm
Yeah, see this is last baby for us and I've never been able to do a nursery the way I want before. So although not going all out, I will be doing something that I think is very cute. The little room that will the nursery just got new carpet (golden beige in colour) new paint (off white with white trim) so we aren't going to change the colours.

I have Old furniture that i'll repaint but new bedding and perhaps a new chair for feeding. I don't like rocking chairs. But I was thinking of spoiling myself with a slimline recliner. I've seen a couple of lovely ones. One I really love...it's cream leather, not at all bulky like a lazy boy. I figure that I can sleep in it while holding or feeding baby. We had a two week period with DS2 when he was new born. He'd picked up a cold from hospital and couldn't sleep laying down as his nasal passages blocked up. Couldn't feed properly, and he needed to lay down so he would sleep on my chest...but only if i was sitting up on an angle. It nearly killed my back and I sat there praying for a recliner.

So this time I think I might get one. It'd be my one "want" purchase as opposed to "need" purchase. I try to buy one thing each pregnancy that is a "want" and not a "need". Just one. First time around was a lovely pram (which I loved and absolutely flogged. I used it till it died. It actually fell apart with DS1 in it) With DS2 it was actually DH's choice of a bugaboo pram. (Which we still have and will use with this next baby) This time, I'm thinking recliner.

Candice
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 7:20am

Ohhhh....that set is adorable!!!! I love it.

I know that I am painting the walls a very light shade of gray with white trim and then I'm waiting to find out gender to add details.  I have white furniture (2 dressers) that is getting a bit old so we will repaint it and once I know gender I will stencil a design on it.  Will choose curtains, bedding and wall hangings according to gender.  I can't wait till my ultrasound on 10/15....then the fun begins!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 11:57pm
I love this website...If you are creative and want to design something yourself go here.... http://www.babybedding.com/ and click on custom. They have a few different owl fabrics. For boys and girls.

And if you really like the set, then get it for yourself! I don't mind copy cats. :smileyhappy:

Candice
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 11:19pm

OMG!  I want to do owls, too, and I LOVE that set you have picked out!  I'm not a copy cat, so I'll go with something else, but wow!  Beautiful!

I've been looking at Pinterest for ideas.  :smileywink:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 10:54pm
I can't wait to get started on our nursery, but I'm waiting to find out gender before deciding. I have a few ideas so far. Our big ultrasound is October 19 so not too much longer... :smileyhappy:
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo