Boy/Girl food cravings

iVillage Member
Boy/Girl food cravings
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 10:49am

Now that we are all starting to find out the sex of our babies, I was just curious if anyones food cravings match what the old wives tales say about whether you are having a boy or girl??

They "say" that sweet cravings (sugar, chocolate, ice cream) means it's a GIRL and salty cravings means it's a BOY

Mine is right on. I have been craving salty foods like crazy! That and dairy foods.... but not ice cream or anything sweet. More like cheese and lately cottage cheese (that perfect combo of salty and dairy). I have always been lactose intollerant so I stayed far away from this stuff. But now, not only can I eat it.... it is all I want!!! Smile

What about you??? 

Sarah

Mommy to DD age 9, DD age 8, DS age 5 and DS EDD 3/8/13

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 1:30pm

Oh my! Mine have been the opposite!  I'm having a girl, but have been craving salty foods and foods with a sourish taste (like green chili enchilada, or sourkrought!).  AND I'm loving potatoes in any shape or form!  LoL  I don't want anything sweet at all; not even chocolate, which is so weird for me!  LoL  I'm a lover of chineese food, too, but haven't been able to finish one bite of the stuff since being pregnant.  This little girl has flip-flopped my world.  Smile

Come join some of us here!  http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/march2013ec/

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 2:00pm

I'm totally craving sweets with this little girl......chocolate but fruit as well!  Sweets and carbs....pasta, potato's. 

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 7:34pm

Right on the money for me! Actually lately much of the salty foods that I have eaten have been too salty and completely turned me off. Totally weird for me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 1:52am

I am craving lots of sweets, fruit, and pasta!! I have no idea what mine is yet. I have another 2 weeks to wait!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 1:15pm

We found out it's a girl... and I'm definitely loving the sweets!  Although I have a sweet tooth in general, anyway.  But I am craving it more right now, and not really much salty stuff.  What I've noticed more than anything, is I'm far more emotional this pregnancy than with my boys... and sex drive is in increased (tmi)!  That's the big difference, more so than my eating habits.  I'm not sure I ate much differently during each pregnancy!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 4:15pm
I am apparently right on track :) I am a big sweets person....like my whole life. But since being pregnant I haven't had much of a craving for sweets. Most of my cravings are salty stuff and dairy.

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt15d61a.aspx[/img][/url]