Cloth or Disposable- What's Your Plan?

iVillage Member
Cloth or Disposable- What's Your Plan?
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 9:03am

Have you thought about what kind of diapers you will use for baby?  If so, will it be cloth or disposable?  Do you have any favorite brands?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-20-2013 - 6:21pm
Cloth- Alva's pockets. At less than $5 per cloth diaper, I had more than broken even in 4 months with DS. I am going to take the money I save from buying diapers and take the whole family on a cruise in September. I'll do an extra load of laundry every couple of days for that :) I also found that I had no issues with diaper rash.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 10:46am

I am going with disposable as well.  Just personal choice.  I chose disposable with my 3 boys in the past too.  Most likely going with Pampers.

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 9:12am

I can understand your desire to stay away from cloth diapers- especially if you don't have an easy access to a washing machine!  It sounds like Huggies work best for your kiddos- good plan sticking with them!  It's been my experience that if one child has sensitive skin, chances are their siblings will too. 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 3:18pm
Well, I've used both cloth and disposable and I have to say I will stick with disposable diapers. Cloth diapers are too much of a hassle, especially when you have to go to a friend's house to do laundry. Plus, my daughter had an allergic reaction to the cloth diapers on top of that. As for brand, I prefer the Huggies as they seem to be the less irritating. With my eldest, we went through multiple brands because of his extremely sensitive skin and eczema; Huggies was the only brand we found that he could wear - expensive, yes, but worth it in the long run. Now, pull-ups on the other hand are a totally different story. LOL