Is DH/BF coming to appointments with you?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Is DH/BF coming to appointments with you?
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 9:03pm
Just wondering what everyone is doing! DH got to see the little bean at my 8 wk US, it was pretty cool for both of us.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 10:06am
Yes and No. We have to drive an hour and half to the city for our appointments. DH has Fridays off from work so I keep our visits to Fridays so we can have a family day and/or run errands in the city (our kids are homeschooled.) DH used to come in with me, but since we have 3 kids now, he usually ends up watching them in the lobby.

He will be with me for the big ultrasound in October and he really wants to bring the kids and come back with me for my 13 week appt if they will allow it. He's never missed out on hearing that first heartbeat before.
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 12:57pm

He comes along for ultrasound appointments.  He was there for the 8 week and we have another this Tuesday that he will come to as well.  I do not have him come along for regular monthly appointments.  

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 1:01pm

He comes to ultrasound appointments, but not regular visits.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 5:46pm
He'll come to the ones that happen while he's in town. He's going on tour in Oct/Nov so he'll miss the big u/s and any other appts during that time.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 9:44pm

Dh has not been able to get off work for any appointments thus far, so today I recorded the baby's heartbeat with an app on our tablet.  The doctor was more than patient while I recorded it.  

I let our three boys listen to the heartbeat this afternoon at the dinner table, and they thought it was the coolest thing!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 11:53am

DH will be coming to as many appointments that he can, especially the u/s ones.  He is in the military and I know he will be going for a 3-month training sometime during my pregnancy...I'm just hoping that it doesn't overlap with the month around my due date!

My first appt is Tuesday and since this is the first time I'll be meeting my doctor, I'm really hoping that they will do an u/s.  She won't see patients until between 10-12 weeks so I think doing an u/s is part of the reasoning behind this. *FX'd!!!*

Picture1