If one more person asks me...

iVillage Member
If one more person asks me...
Wed, 09-05-2012 - 1:02am

...any of these questions one more time, I just might scream!  (Yes, I'm slightly hormonal.)

1.  How are you feeling? 

Like I got hit by a bus.  I'm pregnant, and chasing 3 little ones around every day.  I feel nauseous very night at precisely 8:00 pm.  I miss my coffee, decaf isn't cutting it, and I am about to de-friend Dairy Queen on my facebook if they post one more late-night photo of a chocolate dip cone.  (The closest DQ is a good hour and half from here.)  I would just about to die to have a chocolate dip cone right now.

2.  Are you hoping for a boy? 

*sigh*  I am hoping for a baby.  I know I've got 3 girls, but come on, already.  If I seriously announce to the world that I am hoping for a boy and have girl #4, she will spend a lifetime hearing about the boy her parents always wished she was.  Healthy trumps gender.

3.  Do you know what you're having? 

NO.  (I know people are curious, but good grief.)

What questions are driving you crazy?  Or am I the only one???  :smileyhappy:

Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Re: If one more person asks me...
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 10:32pm
It's the worst in my opinion! LoL

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 10:29am
The do you know what your having kills me. Seriously? I'm 14 weeks ! No I don't know what I'm having ! Some of the people asking me are mothers and I just want to ask what magical u/s was able to tell them what they were having at 8 weeks. Haha.

Everyone wants to know what we want too .... We would really like to have a boy because this is our last baby, but I love having a sister and I think it would be great to give that to my daughter. No I won't be disappointed if its a girl! How can anyone be disappointed after they give birth? Your just so happy to have a baby !

I just want to lock myself in my room until march so I don't have to answer anymore questions! You know it will only get worse as we get bigger, because then the stranger questions start. Those are the ones that usually really piss me off.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 12:34pm
Only about 5 people know we are expecting right now, and they know my history so they have all been happy for us. Our first three kids were born within three years and my youngest is now 4, so I know everyone is going to ask if it's planned. And they're going to ask my husband when are you going to get snipped. Since when is the size of my family anyone else's business? I'm not ready for the questions yet, which is also why we still haven't told many people.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 1:31pm

For me the most annoying, is "how are your boobs feeling?" About three different women in my office kept asking how my boobs were feeling earlier on. It's nice to know people have an interest in my boobs, but isn't supposed to be "how are you feeling?" 

Also, people keep asking how is the baby? Ummmm....well I don't have xray vision to look into my uterus, and unless you've somehow heard otherwise the baby is fine....how am I supposed to answer that?

There are already two women at work that come up to me and put their hands on my stomach. I am going on 14 weeks next week, their really isn't a whole lot there yet, and honestly, it's creepy. Just because they don't have children of their own, they seem to be living vicariously through me. They seem more into my being pregnant than I do! If I eat alot at lunch and my stomach really sticks out, they come up to me, place their hand on my tummy and start oooing and aahhing. I usually  burst their bubble and tell them, it's a food baby not the actual baby!