Miserable head cold!!!

iVillage Member
Miserable head cold!!!
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:01am

My head feels like a total balloon.  Of course my loving sons are sharing the germs that they got since heading back to school.  I caved and took tylenol for the pounding headache last night and on my OB's approved list  of meds was Claritan (non-D formula) for congestion. Also saline nasal spray.  Luckily I got some sleep after that.  I called in sick from work today.   I plan to sleep as much as possible and hydrate. Looks Like I might have to bring my 15 y/o ds to the docs today.  He has the same thing but his right ear is hurting and his throat is red~sigh.  I also have my 16 week OB visit late this afternoon.  Hoping I can get some rest in!!  I guess this is more of a vent then anything else.  :smileysad: ~aaaa-chooo

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:55pm

Did they give you meds for the sinus infection?  I hope you are resting up and feel better real soon!  I was given the green light to take plain Claritan for now and to call if I get worse.  Hoping for a better day tomorrow!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:53pm

Thanks ladies!  Got my son to the doc today (double ear infection for him), picked up his script, picked younger kids up from school and then it was time for my OB visit so not much rest!  Luckily my OB gave me a note excusing me from work today and tomorrow so I will make sure I'm in bed all day tomorrow!

Lil stinkers heartrate was 165 on the doppler today.  Took an early GTT and hopefully no news will be good news!  Calling tomorrow to schedule my 19-20 week ultrasound.  So stinkin' excited!  Only 3-4 weeks away!

OK...back to bed for me now.  

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 11:21am

Sigh, I am right there with you! I finally went to the dr yesterday because I had a bad sore throat since last thursday.  Turns out it was a sinus infection.  I feel like crap!!  I hope you get to feeling better soon!1  Take care of yourself and get some rest.

Lilypie Maternity tickers