Quick Reply not working, BUT...

iVillage Member
Quick Reply not working, BUT...
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 8:37pm

I am still having a lot of issues like everyone else.  The Quick Reply button isn't working for me, but if I use the other Reply button it seems to work fine.  Thought this might be useful to others...

Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 12:00pm

dani20002000 wrote:
<p>I'm at work so during the day I'm limited to IE as my browser.  At home I use google chrome. So this issue happened in IE.  Yes....I saw that posts that are showing error all have "visitor" as the last poster and I figured that was probably part of the issue.  Glad to know that it is being worked on.</p>

Thanks so much for the information. I've passed it on to our tech team to investigate.  Hopefully you don't run into many more issues with reply!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 11:15am

I'm at work so during the day I'm limited to IE as my browser.  At home I use google chrome. So this issue happened in IE.  Yes....I saw that posts that are showing error all have "visitor" as the last poster and I figured that was probably part of the issue.  Glad to know that it is being worked on.

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:48am

dani20002000 wrote:
<p>I just tried to reply to your other post about board issues Kristy and neither the quick reply nor the reply button worked for me.  I was wondering if there is any update on the glitches that are still in place.  We were doing so well with getting activity going on this board until the change-over and it is so quiet here now.  A lot of our old posts can not be replied to due to error and I think people are giving up.  I will try to post something new today to see if it generates replies.</p>

Good morning,

I'm sorry you are having such trouble with replies! What browser are you using when you run into these issues?  The quick reply is a bug for sure but I've had no problems at all using the regular reply.  I'd love to pass this on so that we figure out what may be happening.

As far as the error messages are concerned, those seem to be connected to the Visitor (not verified) usernames you may have seen on the board.  The tech team is aware of the issue and is working hard to get those restored.  From what I've seen, this doesn't seem to be an issue with newer posts so hopefully that's what you are seeing as well.

Updates on message board fixes can be found over on the iVillage Help topic.  Jessica, our Community Director has been posting updates and is answering questions there regularly.  Here's a link to the board:

iVillage Help- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help

I can also be reached at pboards@mail.ivillage.com if anyone has specific questions or concerns they'd like me to address.  I'll be sure to get back to you just as quickly as possible.

Also, thank you all so much for your patience.  I know it is frustrating but please know that our tech team is working fast and furious to get these bugs fixed ASAP.  This topic was on a great roll and I hope you'll all hang in there with us while we iron out the kinks!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:23am

I just tried to reply to your other post about board issues Kristy and neither the quick reply nor the reply button worked for me.  I was wondering if there is any update on the glitches that are still in place.  We were doing so well with getting activity going on this board until the change-over and it is so quiet here now.  A lot of our old posts can not be replied to due to error and I think people are giving up.  I will try to post something new today to see if it generates replies.

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 8:20am

Thanks for pointing this out! Yes, there seems to be a bug with the quick reply button.  It works part of the time, but not 100% of the time.  I've been sticking with the regular reply button for now until the bug is fixed. I hope that helps some of the members having trouble!

photo snowsiggy.png