In so much pain I am practically immobile :(

iVillage Member
In so much pain I am practically immobile :(
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 10:40pm

So I posted a day or so ago regarding tailbone pain in early pregnancy. From what I've read its normal from all the stretching and pressure from relaxing organs. However just this evening over the past hour or two I seem to have become almost immobile from the pain. It really set in when i got up from watching tv. I was fine prior. Just sore every now and then. But when I got up I cuoldn't stand straight up in a standing position. I was forced to bend forward due to the pain. Every step with my left leg was agony and my bum muscles felt like they were pulled. I would try and stand and it was just this awful stabbing/shooting pain in my tailbone/very lower back. Mainly just on the left. I had to crawl across the floor. Even that was paiful. My bf heated up a gel pack for me and when I became somewhat mobile again I hobbled back to the couch. Laid down for another 15 min or so and when I got up again the same thing happened. Is this normal? I am 11 weeks tomorrow and don't think sciatic pain is this early, plus it doesn't go into my leg or bum, the only discomfort in my bum just feels like pulled muscles, not like stabbing/shooting pain. I am afraid to sit down now for fear of not being able to get back up due to the pain. Its unreal.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:08am

I agree.  It does sound a lot like sciatica.  I had it with my 3rd pregnancy and it was very painful.  I would get up and have to stand still for a full minute or 2 before I could take any steps.  I actually ended up going for physical therapy for it during the pregnancy.  I'm hoping it does not act up this time around.  I hope you are able to find some relief!  I would discuss it with your doctor.  My physical therpaist gave me great stretching exercises that helped quite a bit.

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 12:26pm
I had this with my lo got so bad I could not work.. Chiropractor helped alot

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 5:39pm
I second the chiropractor suggestion! My chiro is a godsend during pg!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting