So who have you told?

iVillage Member
So who have you told?
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 6:15pm

Or when are you telling?

Normally, I would wait until 12 weeks or so, but my sweet hubby can't keep a secret this time.  All of our family knows and several close friends.  We are youth and music pastors and our fellow staff members have known since the beginning, as we asked them to pray for us.  We were so afraid we had an ectopic again at first! 

I am leading a Fine Arts team to a National Comptetition next week (a huge honor they earned this year!) and I definitely wasn't planning on being pregnant for this.  (DH gets to stay home with my girlies!)  We decided it would be a good idea to make the formal announcement this weekend before we leave on Sunday so my team will be understanding of my "condition."  I'll be 10 weeks by then.  I really hope the morning sickness eases up by then, because the last couple days have been pretty brutal!

I am a bit of wreck to leave my kids... never left them for this long.  I'l be gone for 7 days. 

So I am curious... are most of you still waiting to tell? 

Kelly

Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 9:24pm
Noone, and not sure when i will, I have to wear a tight shirt to work, being 5th pregnancy not sure how much longer i can deny it at 8 weeks lol.

SuzAnne
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 11:40am
We just told our immediate family yesterday and I told my 3 kids yesterday. I am 8 weeks.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 12:43pm
Both of our families know and some friends on our sports teams know, but we've asked everyone to kinda keep it hush hush for now as i am just starting a new job and want to put a little time under my belt there before i say anything about it. Our older kids all know too.
Tina Mom of 3 boys and a daughter on the way!
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 12:55pm

We told our immediate family right away.  Kids and grandparents.  With my last miscarriage we hadn't told anyone yet because we knew it wasn't sticking.  That was a huge mistake because I didn't have anyone to lean on emotionally during the 5 weeks or so of physical recovery.  So this time we opted to tell right away.  

That said, I haven't exactly made a FB post about it yet.  A few close friends know.  I'm mostly not announcing on social media yet simplly because I want to wait until I'm further along.  Heck, I may just post pics of the newborn in the hospital.  Ha!  

TRACY.....mom to: Timothy (17), Regan (12), Laurel (9), Ziggy (4), Vaughan (2)
  Breastfeeding mama for a combined 11+ years (and counting).
  Former foster mom to 18 awesome kids.
  Losses: m/c May '04, m/c July '04, ectopic March '05, m/c March '12, m/c August '12

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 8:44pm
Pretty much everyone knows that sees me with any regularity, as well and both of our families.

I haven't announced on FB yet, but probably will post u/s pics when we find out the gender.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 2:56am

We told most of our immediate families right away.  And I told my new job a couple weeks ago because I was nauseous all the time and had to get time off for my first OB appointment.  We are waiting to put it on FB until our first u/s on August 20th.  We've also decided to take our oldest DD to that appointment and tell her then.  She has been asking for a baby brother for awhile now.  She absolutely adores her baby sister!  But we've had a couple losses so we didn't want to tell her early.  I'll be 9w6d when I have the u/s so we figured that would be a good time for her to find out.  This being #3, I won't be able to hide it much longer :-)