Threw up for the first time this morning! :(

iVillage Member
Threw up for the first time this morning! :(
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 11:51am

Well I threw up for the first time this morning. I woke up and felt nauseas, but I do most mornings simply from having an empty stomach. I always just eat a small breakfast and I am totally fine. But this morning shortly after I took my vitamin and banana I had this huge wave of nausea pass over me and I just couldn't keep it in. I felt better right after but now its been about 20 minutes and I feel nauseas again. wtf? I hope this is short lived, as I have been very lucky so far.  Should I be concerned about the fact that I thew up shortly after the prenatal vitamin? I don't think it was in my system very long to be absorbed, although it didn't appear that I threw it up whole either. If at all....

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 10:33pm

Woot Woot!  Horray for a fluke!  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 2:04pm

Thanks for the replies. I felt horribly nauseas for the remainder of yesterday until about 2 or 3pm. Then felt better and today I am totally fine again. I doubt it was my prenatal as I have been taking them since finding out I was pregnant at week 5, every morning with breakfast, and it has never been an issue. Today I took it as normal with some toast and I am totally fine today. I think yesterday was just a fluke. Hopefully I can continue my MS free pregnancy lol

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 10:38am

I was going to suggest the same thing as Candice....taking your prenatal later in the day or in the evening.  Luckily I haven't had much ms this time around but in the past when I did I found that my prenatal vit's were a huge trigger.  My tummy just could not handle them in the morning.  I took them in the evening and it helped a great deal!

Hope it was a one shot deal and that you are feeling better!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 9:20am

Oh yuck!!  Sorry you threw up!!  But I do not think you have to worry about the vitamin for 1 day.  It should be okay.  I have thrown up a couple of times and some not long after taking the vitamin.  I don't think I threw it up but you and the baby should be just fine!!  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 11:59pm
Prenatals are well known for being a vomiting trigger. Try taking them later in the day or at dinner after you've eaten. Don't be concerned about missing them either. I haven't kept down a single one yet, and I'm 15 weeks in. It worried be but I realised that hey, If I can't even keep down a sip of plain water, then not keeping down vitamin tablets really is the least of my worries. I aim to start taking my prenatal vitamins once the sickness has passed, but for now I am keeping down light, plain and bland foods. I don't want to take anything that will interfere with keeping actual food down.

Candice
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 12:46pm

Ok.  Now I'm going to go throw up!  LoL :smileywink:

I wouldn't be concerned about your prenatal.  I have been so nauseous this entire pregnancy, that I have maybe taken three prenatals all together, and my fetus is developing great!  :smileyhappy:  With that said, I will start taking my vitamins as soon as the sickness wears off, but I wanted to just point out that I think one missed pill will be fine.  :smileyhappy:

I do hope your nausea is short lived!  =)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker