What "Baby Gear" do you have your heart set on so far?

iVillage Member
What "Baby Gear" do you have your heart set on so far?
Wed, 09-05-2012 - 1:09am

I know it's really early, but I'm starting to make a list of the stuff I need.  We thought we were done I had started to give some things away.  Since this is baby #4, I know that a lot of the stuff I got with Baby #1 was just plain unnecessary.  Some of my stuff is worn out after kids (like the stroller!).

A few things I need/want:

Car seat

Stroller (Perhaps a travel system with that comes with the car seat, but haven't even started to look yet.  Recommendations?  I had an Eddie Bauer one that I loved, but the carseat is expired and the stroller is shot.  We took that thing EVERYWHERE and its going on 9 years old.)

Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag (Totally out of my price range, but I LOVE them.  I want something totally stylish and practical.)

Changing Table  (The one we had before was recalled.)

Moby Wrap  (LOVED this!  I just gave mine away to my sister for my new nephew right before I found out I was pregnant.)

So that's my short list so far.  I'm sure I'll be adding to this as time goes on.  I am also converting our guest room into a nursery so there will be all kinds of lovely things to purchase for that.  :smileyhappy:

Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member

Ahh Cant believe its that time for you guys to be thinking about this! Befor eyou know it your LO"s will be here.. Pack n Play is definitely useful. I do admit I wish I had a crib (no money right now) My LO still used her Pack n Play. Nursing Bras were a must have. She pretty much lived in sleepers and onsies. And I wish i had a wrap because she was colicky the first 4 months. And i thought id get the bfing thing down fast but ended up needing a pump right away so I would suggest one of those if you can afford one

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
I also gave away most of my stuff because I was "done"

I'll definitely need a new infant seat
I'm thinking of a pack n play for this one...never had one before
if I can't get any of my wraps/slings back, I'll need new ones

I've given away ALL my baby clothes...so that will be a must.

This is my SO's 1st and the first grandbaby on his side...he has a big family...so between their need to spoil this baby and all my mom friends who are offering to give me stuff when they are done, I think we will be pretty taken care of!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member

I'd really love a different house as this one is a "2.5" bedroom house and there is barely room for my 20 yo college junior in the "half bedroom", my 15 yo hs sophmore is in the back bedroom and dh & I are in the front bedroom.  Our bedroom is just wide enough for two nightstands and a queen sized bed and there isn't room at the foot of the bed as that is where the dresser that dh & I share is. I'd love some ideas for creating a place for the baby to sleep in a space that is narrower than 3 feet.  Fortunately, dh should be graduating (PhD) a few months after the baby is born so it is possible that we'll be moving to a different house (and or state) next summer.

I also want one of the "high chairs" that you strap to a regular chair again.  I had one with my 15 yo and I'd take it with us even for ex's squadron get togethers and set it up on the ground/concrete patio -- no worries about him falling off the picnic tables.  I covered the chair it sat on with a huge cheap beach towel and threw the towel into the wash when needed.

I don't have room for a swing or any other big baby items in this house so I'll have to do without those.

Debating the stroller/car seat possibilities still. I didn't have a travel system with either of my two older kids and we got along fine without it.....but the idea of just snapping the car seat to the stroller today........

I wish they made the kind of sippy cup I had with my older ones still today -- we have three of those tumblers still in use today but no longer have the lids.