Will You Share Baby's Name?

iVillage Member
Will You Share Baby's Name?
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 8:59am

Expectant celebs are usually coy about their baby name choices -- keeping them well under wraps until after the baby is born while the rest of us wait, impatiently, to pass judgment. But not Snooki! The Jersey Shore star has confirmed to USA Today (after castmates inadvertently spilled the secret during an interview) that she and fiance Jionni LaValle plan to name their baby boy... Lorenzo!

Are you sharing the name you've selected for baby with friends and family members prior to birth? Do you plan to keep it a secret until the big day?  What's your plan?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 12:23am
We have always shared once we were sure. DH just can't keep a secret. We have had a boy name picked out since before we were married... and we've had 3 girls so far! If it's a girl, we will have a hard time picking out another good one. So far, we are in complete disagreement... :smileyhappy:
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 9:32pm

With our last baby, we actually couldn't decide on a name until we met him after delivery.  We had three names picked out, just couldn't make up our minds.  

It was really exciting for our family to find out the name after Collin was born.  We may do that again with this one.   :smileyhappy:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 7:22pm

I will. We also like to call the baby by name before it gets here. And we do alot of personalized gifts i.e. diaper bags, blankets, etc.....

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 5:14pm
I've always told. My family likes to start calling the baby by name well ahead of the birth. I think it helps us all to connect and bond with the baby. My family is great and has never passed judgement on name choices.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting