Zofran!

iVillage Member
Zofran!
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 6:07pm
I went to my second appt today and I was going to beg for zofran! I've been so completely miserable! But I didn't have to beg, she suggested it before I could even say anything. I was deliriously happy. I'm on it already and I feel so much better. Now I just have to get my insurance to ok more than 24 pills in a month. And I also have to deal with the indigestion and heartburn problem that is starting up. What are your experiences on zofran? I'm on the generic. Abbie Due march 6 with #4
iVillage Member
In reply to: abigailnh2
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 6:48pm

Generic.  Ack!  No wonder mine was so darn expensive!  

I actually haven't taken it yet.  My family doc gave it to me when I was about 6 weeks pregnant, in combination with some strong painkillers, to help knock me out when a migrain comes along (because I can't take the migraine meds while pregnant).  I've taken the painkiller twice since, but haven't had to take the Zofran since the shot they gave me in the butt that day.  

TRACY.....mom to: Timothy (17), Regan (12), Laurel (9), Ziggy (4), Vaughan (2)
  Breastfeeding mama for a combined 11+ years (and counting).
  Former foster mom to 18 awesome kids.
  Losses: m/c May '04, m/c July '04, ectopic March '05, m/c March '12, m/c August '12

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 10:44am
My appointment is Thursday and I'll be having the same talk with my midwife. I am having nausea off and on but when it's on it's so bad !!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 6:28pm
I'm on it for my hyperemesis. It definitely helps control the vomiting (mostly), but not all the nausea. I tend to get very constipated as a side effect, which sucks, but is better than than losing a pound a day! I'm also in the generic.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting