Asking for prayers please

iVillage Member
Asking for prayers please
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 7:39am

I just went to the bathroom and there were some brownish, red steaks in my underwear and a little bit on the toilet paper when I wiped.  I wasn't having cramps before I saw this but now I feel like I'm having cramps.  Hopefully the cramps are all in my head.

I was doing so well with this pregnancy.  Even though I've had a loss at 5 weeks and at 6 weeks, I wasn't stressing too much or worrying all the time like I did right after those losses.  Even though this baby wasn't planned, my husband and I are ready to accept him or her.  I've never had a loss beyond 6 weeks so I felt pretty secure about this pregnancy.  Now I'm worried, scared and stressed all over again.  The idea of losing this baby seems crazy even though we never planned on having a 3rd child.

Please pray for me.  I'm sitting here at work and I can't focus on anything.  My OB appt and u/s aren't until August 20th so I have almost 2 more weeks of waiting.  I can't imagine what would be causing the brownish, red streaks.  DH and I haven't had sex recently and I haven't been straining when I go to the bathroom.  I did yoga last night but did not push myself very hard.  Please let this be nothing.  Ugh!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 8:19am
Thank you!

After I posted this, I had some really severe back pain. I called my OB and told them about the spotting and the pain. They advised me to go to the ER. The doctor said my cervix was very irritated due to an infection. I ended up having a UTI as well as the infection in my vagina but the baby was fine. Heart beat was 171 which the doc said is strong for 8 weeks. I'm on some pretty good antibiotics now so hopefully all will be better soon.

I go back to the OB on the 20th and they'll check everything again. Such a relief knowing my baby is ok :-)
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 9:37am

That's great news (not that you have an infection...but that the baby is doing very well!).  I hope you are feeling better soon!!!!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 2:57am
Thank you!