DH wants abortion :(

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
DH wants abortion :(
Fri, 07-20-2012 - 8:19am
Sigh.... We recently found out I'm pregnant with #4. My other kids are 8,7 and 5. This wasn't planned and we were excited that all of our kids were out of the baby stage. Now, my personal belief, (even though I'm not super religious) is that god never gives you more than you can handle and that children are a blessing. I would never consider an abortion. But lately that is all he talks about. When I asked him what he wanted to do this weekend, his response was "go get an abortion!". It really makes me sad. Our other kids are over the moon excited about another sibling. I hate all his negative energy. What can I do?
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 8:21pm
I am so so sorry about the early menopause michele, it runs in my family too (all women in my mother's side had extremely early menopause, as young as 38 years old).
I do wish you and your husband to have a little baby in your arms very soon, and that baby will be very lucky to have you as parents.
Keep positive and it will happen one way or another :smileysurprised:)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 10:22am

Not to be insensitive to any of you/your DH's here struggling with whether to abort or not, I am pro-choice myself, but if there is any one of you who do not want your baby, I would love to take your new healthy bundle of joy off of your hands. I, who, seem to be entering early menopause before having the opportunity to have ANY children, would be an excellent parent to your child, they would be happy, healthy and comfortable. Both my husband and I have professional degrees, but DH makes enough to support three people on his salary comfortably, so our plan is that I stay home with the child until they enter Kindergarden. My DH is very caring and introspective. We love each other beyond belief. It would be a wonderful home for the baby. Please, let your DH's know that I said so, perhaps they will rethink, or perhaps, they will be fine with this idea. Just a WARNING though: there will be attorney's involved j/s... Just a thought... I guess I'm getting desperate, I am now hijacking boards to become a parent.

sigh....

~Michele

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 12:44pm

I really need to ask you this question....were you on any birth conrol?I mean we are in 2012 with all these different types of birth control option for women.I do know that some wome do have some adverse side effects to some of these birth controls out there but not to all of them....were you on birth control?

Also for your husband to make comments like that is horrible! Does he not know that it does take 2 to concieve a child?Also there is birth control for MEN now too so  if you guys both was done in your minds about having babies again..why not take the precautions against that?