Afraid for my week 12 checkup

iVillage Member
Afraid for my week 12 checkup
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 10:35pm

Hi,

Currently I am 11 weeks, 5days.  Monday I will go in for my 12 week checkup. This will not inlude an U/S since in BC early trimester sreening isn't offeredd unless it is high risk pregnancy or you don't know your dates. This will pretty much be a physical, with the added bonus of the Dr using a doppler stethescope so we can hear baby's heartbeat for the first time.

Anyways, for some reason I afraid for this checkup. I have a horrible feeling the Dr won't be able to find a heart beat and that something has gone wrong. I have had no signs of a miscarriage, no spotting at all and early pregancy cramping stopped for me about two weeks ago. And it was never severe, when I did experience it.However I also have next to no pregnancy signs. I have felt awesome throughout my whole pregnancy so far actually. No M/S aside from like 4 days of mild nausea around week 8/9. My breasts didn't become sore until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and Fatigue has subsided the last two weeks,I no longer pass out at 8 or 9pm. I can stay awake unitl like 11pm or later most nights now. All I am experiencing is a small bump, larger/sore breasts with dark/larger nipples and still an increased appetite. People ask how I feel and when I say well I feel pretty normal, they look at me funny and almost with a dissapointed look, then smile and say "O well good for you, your so lucky".  Should I be worried that I have almost no symptoms now at week 11 aside from the few minor ones I mentioned? I know symptoms usually start wearing off at this point but the fatigue seems to now be fading and I am afraid next thing my boobs will stop hurting and my appetite will decrease. Am I worrying for nothing?

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 11:51pm
Try not to worry! With my 1st pregnancy, I had almost no symptoms at all. I felt great all through my first trimester except that I was a little tired. Good luck at your appointment! Hearing that heartbeat will really help put your mind at ease. :smileywink:
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 11:34am

This is my first pregnancy, so I'm not sure about when symptoms start fading - I'm at 11 weeks and know that my nausea is slowly, but surely getting better.  I'm sure it's different for everyone.  Try not to worry, your appointment is tomorrow! :-)  Prayers and positive thoughts that everything will go well tomorrow!

Picture1
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 11:42am

Your a mom its in your nature to worry.. I hope things go well tomorrow.. Fingers crossed for you.. I wouldnt freak if they do not find a HB though sometimes its hard to hear it til med Second Tri.. On that not your almost in second tri now yay!

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 7:20pm

Try not to worry too much!!  I know easier said than done!!  I go in thursday for my 1st actual dr. visit and I can't wait for my bf and I to get to hear the hb together.  I have had 3 U/S's already but he didn't get to go.  but sometimes by 11 weeks your hormones have leveled off and some of the placenta has taken over so your symptoms can subside some. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers