Body clock is seriously whacked out! What is this?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Body clock is seriously whacked out! What is this?
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 3:04am

I've always been a night owl and had been going to bed around 2 am and sleeping til 10 (my kids are very happy to be sleeping in over the summer) But two nights ago, I decided to try and go to bed earlier, since I was starting to have to take naps along with sleeping in. I was tired, but I woke up every few minutes, it seemed. It was awful, I don't feel rested with that kind of sleep. Last night I was able to finally get about five hours, from 4-9am, but still. What's the point of going to bed if I'm just going to wake up repeatedly?

anyone heard of this/experienced this?

CrabappleOkie

PS. I have had issues with too much sugar or caffiene too late in the day and I can't sleep, but that feels different, like I still have energy and I'm jumpy and can't go to sleep. this is just a constant waking up for no reason, or one that I can find. I have been a night owl, and tried changing back to an earlier schedule before, but it's never fought me like this. Of course, I've never been 40 before, so I might just be getting old! LOL!

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 9:35am

Me too!!! The other night I actually looked at the clock everytime I woke up and it was darn near every hour! I don't know what's up with that, but I hate it!