Cord Blood Banking?

iVillage Member
Cord Blood Banking?
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 7:24pm

This is something I am very interested in, as I have a 10 year old cousin fighting leukemia with only a 5% chance of survival.

This will be my last child, and I thought if the "banking" isn't too expensive, then we may give it a go.

Any BTDT mom's banked before?  If so, please share your experience, cost, and company you used. 

I give a thousand thanks in advance! 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 8:13pm

I have never done it in the past but I've been looking at information about it recently.  I think a close friend of mine banked for both of her children.  Not sure of detials though.  I may have to talk to her about it.

Sorry to hear about your 10 year old cousins battle.  Cancer sucks!  I had a cousin who battled it in her teens and she's been cancer free for years now!  She recently became a nurse becuase she held her nurses in such high regards when she was going through treatment.

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 8:32pm

That's amazing your cousin battled cancer and is now a nurse!  Wow!  Nurses are super heros in my book.  :smileyhappy:

Hopefully someone else on this board will have some banking advice for us!  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 3:01pm

Thanks for the information, Cassie!  I'll talk it over with my DH!  :smileyhappy: