Early Glucose Test...

iVillage Member
Early Glucose Test...
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 6:59pm

So I am totally dreading this.  I have my 13 week appointment this Friday and I have to take an early glucose test because of several factors:  a family history of diabetes, my age, and as much as I hate to admit it, I haven't exactly lost all my baby weight from the last pregnancy.  And she's 3 now.  Embarrassing, I know.

I had to do this with my last pregnancy, too, because of family history.  I failed both the early one and the later one and had to do the 3 hour glucose test... twice!  (Which I am pretty sure should be considered a form of torture.)  I barely passed the 3 hour tests last time.

I am terrified of being diabetic, not necessarily gestational diabetes.  Can't wait to sail through this pregnancy and get myself back into good shape.  The early test is what detects diabetes. 

Sincerely praying that I pass this one...

Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 7:18am

Good luck!  I'm in the same boat as you.  My last son was over 9 lbs., my mom has type 1 DM, I'm hanging on to some extra lbs, and I'm 42 y/o.  I failed my 1 hour last pg but passed the 3 hour which is torture!  I was given the gunk to drink at my appt. last night and told to drink it prior to coming to my next appt in 4 weeks.  They will also test again down the road. Sigh. Hopefully we PASS!!!  I'll be thinking of you....good luck!

BabyName Ticker