Going AMA, for now

iVillage Member
Going AMA, for now
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 5:02pm

Had a bout of light spotting this afternoon.  No sex in the last day or so.  Nothing out of the ordinary, other than I forgot my Prometrium before bed.  I took it early this morning, so only about 5-6 hours later than normal (and I'm only a week or so away from no longer needing it anyway).  

My experience with spotting has always been negative.  I only spot/bleed when I have an impending miscarriage.  But I've never had a miscarriage this late, so I have been happily assuming I'm in the clear.  My midwife is out of the office on Wednesdays.  And my first apointment with her is finally this Thurday.  I called her nurse just to let them know whats up.  Of course, she said i should make my way to the ER to get checked out.  

BTDT this pregnancy already to the tune of $3000.  Not ready to do that again for some minor spotting.  So I'm going AMA.  I'm just going to take it easy tonight.  If i have any heavier spotting or cramping, I'll certainly go.  But otherwise I'm going to try to hold out until Thursday.  And hope it was just some fluke.

TRACY.....mom to: Timothy (17), Regan (12), Laurel (9), Ziggy (4), Vaughan (2)
  Breastfeeding mama for a combined 11+ years (and counting).
  Former foster mom to 18 awesome kids.
  Losses: m/c May '04, m/c July '04, ectopic March '05, m/c March '12, m/c August '12

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 12:10am
Thinking of you and praying everything turns out okay/
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 11:07am

Ended up going into the ER at 9pm when the spotting turned bright red.  Baby stopped growing a few weeks ago.  No heartbeat.  Opting to try to m/c naturally.  Not really cramping yet because I've got to flush this Prometrium out of my system first.  Not emotional about it yet.  But I will be.  

Eight hours in the ER.  IV from Hell (seriously considering taking painkillers just because my IV site hurts so much).  Had to take a taxi home.  And only an hour of sleep before getting up to help the bigger kids get ready for school.  I win some sort of SuperMom award, surely.  

Hardest part is going to be telling the kids.  The girls have never been aware, or old enough to understand my previous miscarriages.  

TRACY.....mom to: Timothy (17), Regan (12), Laurel (9), Ziggy (4), Vaughan (2)
  Breastfeeding mama for a combined 11+ years (and counting).
  Former foster mom to 18 awesome kids.
  Losses: m/c May '04, m/c July '04, ectopic March '05, m/c March '12, m/c August '12

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 12:35pm
I am so sorry. Wishing you the best. I'll be thinking of you.
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 1:45pm

I am truly so sorry Tracy!!! P&PT's to you!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 4:18pm
I am so sorry! No words can express how awful this must be for you. Hugs to you and your family!

Abbie
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 7:12pm

awww no!! so sorry to hear that!! you are definitely a very strong woman. i am praying for good things to come your way soon.