Pain on my left side...

iVillage Member
Pain on my left side...
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 11:48pm

I am definitely bringing this up with my doctor at my 17 wk appointment on Friday, but I have been having some pain on my left side.  It's usually quick, but sometimes it's a sharp pain.

I had an ectopic pregnancy on my left side in April of last year.  In fact, just prior to finding out I was expecting with this one, I had an u/s done due to mild pain and discomfort I was still having on that left side.  The u/s came back clear and showed nothing.  My doctor said it was probably just scar tissue from the ectopic, which wouldn't be visible on an u/s.  She said it was nothing to worry about.

I'm guessing the pain is from that scar tissue stretching to accomodate for baby since it's in the exact same area as before, but it's driving me crazy!  With a lot of growing left to do, I can only imagine it will keep up.  Hope my doc can put my mind at ease. 

So far, everything with baby is fine, so I'm not really to worried... just wondering if this pain will keep up through the entire pregnancy.

Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 3:28pm
I am not sure, hugs..can you call and leave a message at your doctors office about it...for the nurse?
I get rampy, but not on one side and usually from overdoing it or lack of water.
hugs, hope you get answers and it goes away soon.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 10:42pm
My only guess is that it is some stretching ligaments. It's not always comfortable when they stretch. I've been having real pain in my right side...it even hurts when i put my little one on my hip to carry him. Hope you get a good answer soon.

Candice
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:21am

Did you talk to your doctor about the pain?  Hope all is well!

I will get sharp pains every now & then, but not consistently.  I figure it must be stretching.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:26pm

Another possibility is gas pains -- those puppies can hurt.  Fortunately, the best thing to do for gas pains is rock the way you would in a rocking chair as that helps move the gas.

Lisa

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:32pm
Yes. Sorry I guess I never updated this! My doctor said its most likely just the stretching of scar tissue mixed in with round ligament pain, too. Still uncomfortable, but learning to deal with it.
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo