Placenta Accreta

iVillage Member
Placenta Accreta
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 9:40pm

So, we went for the NT scan today.  at 12w 6 d the measurement was 1.4, so fantastic!  Cute little nose and everything.  Then she said to us that she didn't want to freak us out, but she feels there's something wrong with the placenta.  She kept assuring us that baby looked perfect.  My bladder was extremely full so the baby was too squished to get good shots of certain things.  So, she let me empty then came back to look again. With an empty bladder, she thought it didn't look quite as drastic as it did at first.  The doctor confirmed that things didn't look normal.  This is pregnancy #8, live birth pregnancy #6 and kid #7.  I had a c/s with the twins due to dbl breech.  The placenta is high anterior and the accreta area is high, so it probably isn't due to the c/s scar, just the high number of children.  (??)

Has anybody else ever had this happen?  Did you deliver vaginally or do a c/s? Obviously if you're on here you didn't have to have a hysterectomy due to hemmorage.  :smileywink:  What about restrictions/limitations for the rest of the pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 11:51am
so, I'll come off as whining, but not a single person out of 69 views has said anything. Nada. not even something supportive. Someone else posted about throwing up for the first time and there were six posts talking about PUKE!
If nobody has any idea about what this condition is, it's where the placenta grows too deeply into the uterus, either just past the normal barrier, into the muscle, or way beyond into the body cavity and possibly into the bladder or bowel. All three levels of it require a c/s, as the risk of hemorrhage is too high. The likelihood of needing a hysterectomy is presumed going into surgery.
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 1:57pm

Sorry noone posted!  This board is veeeeerrrryyyyy slow!  It's my 4th EC board I've been a member of, and by far the slowest.  :smileysad:

I must have "over looked" this post because I had no idea what this condition was.  I do pray for you and the baby, and please keep us posted!  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 10:33pm
sorry I didn't post. I didn't know what your topic was, so read your post, but honestly have ZERO idea on it all or any advice what so ever, so figured a post saying not a clue was pointless.
I had no idea, and googled, but I hate google, always gives the worse and makes it seem way way way worse than it can be, so didn't want to post in case it was that way and scare or worry anyone.
hugs.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 10:16pm

sorry everybody...  I'm just freaking out a little bit in my corner.  3 weeks and 5 days until the next u/s that should determine if it is or isn't the case.  It's pretty (very) unommon, so it's not surprising that on such a slow board that NOBODY has ever even heard of this...  I'm sure things will be fine when we find out either way...  just gotta be patient...

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 11:01pm
the wait has to be horrible, just want answers so you can prepare without freaking out, but in the meantime thinking the worst, but trying not too.
this board is slow, posted two days ago maybe more and no one has posted...
frustrating...I understand...keep us posted, you will be in my thoughts.
Photobucket