Twin Symptoms?!

iVillage Member
Twin Symptoms?!
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 9:02am

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there who has or has been pg with twins?  My husband has me freaked out because he assumes I'm pg with twins.  I'm 7 weeks with my 4th and my stomach looks like I'm 5 months pg!  I'm also VERY VERY tired (never had fatigue with my others). 

My 1st OB appointment isn't until next Wednesday so I don't even have an ultrasound scheduled yet. I'm going to be so afraid to look at that u/s screen!  I honestly don't want twins.  It's too much work for me throughout the pregnancy and beyond!  Plus I have 3 kids (ages 6, 5, and 3).

Thanks for any advice!

PS.  My mom is an identical twin. (yikes)

-Kim

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 9:48am

I don't know much about twin symptoms but I would assume that you would get sick pretty quickly with all of that HCG hormone doubing twice over every day! As far as the 5 months pregnant look goes, I think that by the 4th pregnancy, a belly pops out faster than anything you've ever seen before! I know mine has. I'm 10 weeks and although I looked 6 months pregnant with belly fat before I even got pregnant, I definitely look 7 months pregnant right now!!!!

Maybe you are having twins! How about calling the doc and seeing if you can get your levels checked sooner than your appointment? 

Abbie

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 10:05am

I don't know about twin symptoms but I can tell you that I'm also pg with my 4th and the fatigue is OVERWHELMING this time around!  It is just starting to ease up slightly as I am approaching the end of the first trimester.  I wear big scrubs at work all day but at home I am in maternity clothes and I look 5 months pg already!  I know I only have 1 little peanut in there though.....one strong heartbeat on the u/s monitor.  Good luck.  It may just be that everything seems amplified after a few previous pregnancies.  Keep us posted!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 11:44am

Phew! I'm glad someone else feels the same as me and ISN'T pregnant with twins!  I guess you're right.  Since this is our 4th pregnancy everything is amplified.  Not to mention that I'm not as young as I was with my other pregnancies!

Glad your fatigue is easing up a little.  Hopefully we'll feel 'normal' in a few weeks.  I'm only 7 weeks so I have a while to go before I start to feel better. 

Thanks for posting!

-Kim

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 1:07pm
you could be tired, because this will be your fourth, and three young kids you are chasing after.
I was pregnant with twins my last pregnancy, lost one at 9 weeks 5 days, but I wasn't any more tired, but I was hungry...I would wake up at 5 am, and absolutely starving...hunger pains, ate a ton and I am nauseous in my pregnancies, but the twin pregnancy was horrible, was on diclectin and gravol and was throwing up all the time, it was like my normal pregnancies on steroids..lol.
that was just my experience.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 9:41pm

Thanks for everyone's advice!

I'm still feeling tired but the past 2 days I've noticed a slight improvement.  Very slightly but it's getting better!  It's 9:40pm right now and I'm still awake!  lol.  I think my stomach has grown since I originally posted a few days ago though.  I feel HUGE.  Ugh.

Thanks again!  And happy pregnancies!

-Kim