12 week ultrasound....weird...not sure what is going on with due date & I have a tilted uterus

iVillage Member
12 week ultrasound....weird...not sure what is going on with due date & I have a tilted uterus
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 10:43pm

so had my ultrasound, she couldn't see much, so had to pee for the count of 15 then stop...that was not fun.

then she had me roll to my left, cough, then roll farther, then cough a bunch...

so I asked if it was all ok, and I said is the baby ok, and she said well isn't there supposed too....not helpful.

anyways a while later of poking and coughing, we finally saw the baby...apparently I have a tilted uterus, that goes back, so hard to see...blurry shots...she was hitting the uterus hard and baby finally moved, looked like the baby had the hiccups...not sure if they have them already but baby was rhythmically jumping a bit...lol.

so baby is ok, she said I was farther along than I thought....but going by 28 day cycle and my last period, so not sure how I can be...thought I ovulated late....

gonna call my doc tomorrow to see what my due date is...

so don't feel preggers, with my first lost 15 pounds and was bigger and in maternity pants at 10 weeks, my last pregnancy was twins, lost one just shy of 10 weeks, so was huge, and this one, barely feel preggers...so glad to see the baby.

anyways, thanks for reading.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
thanks for the update....waiting to pop, weird I was bigger with my last two...but was running and working out more before this one, for the last year, so figuring that is it.
hopefully we both pop and see our baby belly soon.
can't wait til my next ultrasound to see our babies again.
still hasn't sunk in for me I am preggers...took me 1.5 years to get preggers with my daughter and this was our first month of kinda trying....can't wait for some movement actually can't wait to hold my baby in my arms.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Hey, just wanted to say don't worry about tilted uterus. I have one too. Early ultrasounds always hard. I'm confused as to why they didn't offer you a trans-vag, they would have had much clearer pics and more accurate measurements. Oh well, as long as bub is healthy, just hang in there. You'll see more at your next scan.

Candice
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
I had one with my first and with my last, as I had lost the twin and they wanted a closer look, but not this time...not sure...would have been nice, but got some ok shots...just excited for oct 26th for my 18 week one.
thanks.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
to be honest, I am not sure. with my first, was told nothing, kinda remember it being mentioned to me with my last pregnancy, and was told forsure this time.
so not a clue, I know it doesn't affect anything at all, heard heartbeat is hard to hear, but we have a home doppler and found this baby at 8 weeks 3 days which is super early, and I am not super skinny by any means.
sorry your appointment didn't go as you expected. hugs.
Photobucket