15 week appointment

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
15 week appointment
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 11:54am
Well Friday I had my 15 week appointment!! Babies heart beat was right in the 140's. And for the first time ever while being seen at the naval hospital
I actually had a good appointment!!! They have a new department head and he was super nice. He listens to me complain about not having been seen for over 7 weeks and all my complaints and questions. He ran extra blood work for me because of my recent dizzy spells and wants me to do my glucose test ASAP! He also is sending me to perinatology for my bug ultrasound to give me piece of mind that everything is ok( we had a possible heart scare with our last child but everything turned out ok) so left very satisfied and with 3 different referrals for all my different questions :smileyhappy: let's hope it stays this way!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 3:53am
That sounds great Kate! Glad they could finally give you some peace of mind. Military hospitals are so weird! Mine books appointments at 6 weeks (with a nurse, no OB), then at 10 weeks, then 16 weeks. Then I'm lost since I haven't made it that far yet. Plus I have not heard the heartbeat once. It seems strange to me to have to wait until 16 weeks to hear the stinking heartbeat! I had a u/s at 10 weeks and they saw the heartbeat but didn't listen to it. It's hard for me because I'm a worrier and a lot can happen in 6 weeks. I still have 2 weeks to go until my next appointment. Another issue with military hospitals, you hardly ever see the same doctor. Ugh!