16 week appointment, finally heard the HB!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
16 week appointment, finally heard the HB!
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 11:21pm

I'm on rotation with the MW's, so it was another new one this time.  She was great and asked a ton of questions, but also gave a ton of advice.  She asked again if I wanted to take the quad marker test (I think that is what it is) and I declined, but she proceed to tell me about babies that were born with downs that couldn't be detected on the 20 week US like I am planning on having.  Oh well, I need to accept the fact I cannot change anything anyhow....

My kids came with me because of the time of day and DH is traveling.  She was super cool with them and let my 5 yr old daughter hold the Doppler and listen for the HB!  It was pretty neat. She found it right away, unlike my 12 week in which they couldn't find it.  This was the first time I've heard it since the 8 week US, so I was super happy!  She said it was 140, right in the middle.  

Four more weeks and we find out the gender!

Anna

Edited to say she did mention that I gained 7 pounds this time, and I should probably be careful!  Like I said, she was a talker and went on and on about it.  I told her that's how I work, I gain weight when I'm pregnant!  Oh well!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 11:48pm
Ha ha ha, don't worry about the weight gain. You are pregnant! Just be healthy, you'll be fine. Quad marker test? Not sure...had to look it up. It's a blood test right? Yeah I got something similar done at 12 weeks to rule out Downs and a few other things as well as getting the NT done. Not that i'd have aborted the pregnancy but I always feel that "forewarned is forearmed".

Cant wait to find out what I'm having either! So exciting!

Candice
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 10:57am

Sounds like a good apptment.  good for you with sticking with your guns and doing what YOU wanted to do!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 2:18pm
I don't worry about weight gain, it will be what it will be...glad you got to hear the heartbeat.
I have so many friends that have had positive results from the screening that turned out to be nothing. I got it, otherwise no early ultrasound for me, but told my doc to delete results, wont do or change anything, just want to see my baby.
glad you had a good appointment. yearh for four more weeks til you find out what you are having.
Photobucket