OB just called. Failed my 1 hour GTT by 1 point~

iVillage Member
OB just called. Failed my 1 hour GTT by 1 point~
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 8:42am

grrr.....going tomorrow to take the 3 hour.  Between this wicked head cold and my failed GTT I just want to crawl in a hole!  Hoping I pass tomorrow.  This happened with my last pg.  I failed the 1 hour by a smidge and passed the 3 hour.....hoping for a repeat!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
I failed my one hour with my last pregnancy and had a two hour...and passed no prob.
hope you pass no problem and this is a thing of the past.
keep us posted.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sorry to hear this. Apart from this, how are you feeling? I don't know much about GTT but is it something you think you might have by any symptoms you are having?

Candice
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
I'll definitely be thinking of you since I just went through my 3 hour a couple of weeks ago. Hoping you pass!
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member

Getting ready to head out for the 3 hour.  As far as symptoms....that's kind of tricky.  Symptoms of high blood sugar range from extreme thirst, extreme hunger and having to urinate a lot.  I have all 3 but they are also pg symptoms, KWIM?

What I know puts me at a higher risk is being a bit overweight, I'm older, my last son was over 9 lbs, and my Mom has Type I diabetes.

ANyway...hoping to PASS today and put it out of my mind....for a few weeks anyway.  This was an early test (due to increased risk) so if I pass I still have to take another one a few weeks down the road.

Thanks for the encouraging words ladies!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 2:37pm
hope you pass. fingers crossed.
Photobucket