Ultrasound yesterday, and a dating concern....

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Ultrasound yesterday, and a dating concern....
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 7:11am

On Friday the 27th of July I had my first Ultrasound, The technician and doctor who did my ultrasound both agreed that I was about 5w, or 5w1d, Which matched perfectly with my O date of July 4th.

Yesterday I had my dating ultrasound, the technician told me I was 6w6d, which matched fairly well with my belief and the previous ultrasounds results of being 6w5d, one day is no big deal. But THEN the very strange doctor came in ( I live in Quebec and I'm English, so it's pretty normal for French people to in general be rude to me, I'm used to it now) and started being rude right off, as usual. He checks the baby, and tells me I'm only 6 weeks, of course I said "well that's not really possible" (it's not possible because I O'd on the 4th, and haven't DTD since the 5th TMI sorry, I also found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago, I HIGHLY doubt my internet cheapies would have detected a 3 week pregnancy, There just not THAT good lol.), He told me it was, and the baby was "still a VERY small shrimp, with lots of potential", he said the heart was fluttering, and I asked if he was planning on verifying the heartbeat, and he very rudely looked at me like an idiot and said "NO", and that was it, a total of about 5 minutes of looking at the baby and off we went.

Should I be concerned about the dates that he's giving me VS my dates? Hopefully this won't delay my prenatal appointment next week, I'm really looking forward to asking a million questions to the OBGYN.

I do apologize in advance if I ask a lot of silly or dumb questions. This will be (hopefully) my first successful pregnancy, and I don't know anyone who's had extreme morning sickness,  a negative blood type , or random bleeding, so you ladies are really the only ones I can turn to!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 9:33am
What a frustrating doctor (and appointment!). Will you be seeing that doctor often? Hopefully your appointment next week will clarify your *official* due date and they'll be able to answer your questions fully. Hang in there and let us know how it goes!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 2:47am
What a butthead!

I wouldn't let this guy get you down. The technicians are the ones with training so I would go with what they say. Hope your OB can give you some reassurance :-)

Lindsay