When's Your First Appointment?

iVillage Member
When's Your First Appointment?
Mon, 06-25-2012 - 1:22pm

Are you eagerly awaiting your first prenatal appointment? Wondering what to expect when you go in?

What can you expect at your first prenatal visit?- http://www.ivillage.com/pregnancy-what-can-you-expect-your-first-prenatal-visit/6-n-138575?ice=iv:mb...

When is your first appointment? My doctor always made me wait until I was 10-12 weeks along and the wait killed me! How about you? When do you go in for your first appointment?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 2:31am

We're a military family too and, surprisingly, my referral was finished relatively quickly.  They sent me to the lab last week (5 weeks) for the blood work.  I met with a nurse on 07/24 (6 weeks) to go over my blood work.  Now comes the waiting.  I don't get to see the OB or have an ultrasound until 08/20 (10 weeks).  I've had 2 chemical pregnancies in the past so, at this point, I was happy to make it past 6 weeks.  But I know I'm still going to stress until I hear that little heartbeat.  With my last baby, we got to have a u/s at 8 weeks.  That extra 2 weeks is going to drive me crazy!  But at least I have this lovely m/s (can you hear my sarcasm?) to calm my m/c fears.

Hang in there ladies!

Lindsay