BTDT Mamas- What Do You Wish...

iVillage Member
BTDT Mamas- What Do You Wish...
Mon, 08-19-2013 - 8:28am

... someone had told you about being pregnant for the first time?  What tips would you share with a first-time mom?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-19-2013 - 12:57pm

That everyone will want to tell you their horror stories about labor and delivery.  I don't know why they want to scare the crud out of every first-time mom, but don't listen to them ladies!  Every labor and delivery is different so what happened to your neighbor's cousin's dog groomer won't necessarily happen to you.  ;) 

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-23-2013 - 2:20pm

To relax. In this world of information and knowledge, I think we go overboard and scrutinize every move we make and end up feeling too guilty and stressed, which is harder on the baby than that piece of soft cheese or cold cut you accidentally ate. Of course I don't recommend throwing all caution to the wind, but it is okay to lighten up a bit and actually enjoy the miracle without running a list in your head every moment about where you may have possibly been exposed to something not good for the baby.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-27-2013 - 4:30pm

Enjoy the time while you are pregnant, surround yourself with positive people, indulge your cravings.