Moderate Drinking During Pregnancy

iVillage Member
Moderate Drinking During Pregnancy
Tue, 08-06-2013 - 10:39am

Children of women who drink moderate amounts of alcohol while pregnant don't appear to have any neurodevelopmental problems when it comes to balance, a new British study suggests.

Researchers assessed the long-term health impact of drinking while pregnant by testing roughly 7,000 10-year-olds on their balancing abilities, a method that offers a reliable reflection of fetal neurodevelopment. For the study, "moderate" alcohol consumption was defined as between three to seven glasses of alcohol a week.

http://www.ivillage.com/moderate-drinking-safe-during-pregnancy-says-study/6-a-539389

Does this change your mind at all about drinking alcohol during your pregnancy?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-08-2013 - 12:48pm

No way, Jose!  The risk just isn't worth it at all.  I won't be having any alcohol during pregnancy. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-12-2013 - 2:19pm
Honestly, my guess is that it's probably fine. However, I'm not chancing it. If anything turned out wrong with my baby, I'd never be able to forgive myself.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-13-2013 - 11:26am

To be honest, I already had a few drinks between the time we TTC and got the positive test back. I was ignorant thinking at my age we wouldn't have conceived in the first month and now I feel guilty. I believe that is enough drinking for me during one pregnancy and I'll wait until the baby is born. The guilt is not worth it.