Aurora Mae 5/23/12 :)

iVillage Member
Aurora Mae 5/23/12 :)
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 10:46am

I've been having a difficult time just finding time to shower, let alone get on the computer since we've been home!!

My due date came and went (and no baby!) so at my second weekly check up after my due date passed, my OB said he didn't want to wait it out (10 days past due) so on the night of the 22nd, we went to the hospital to be induced via Cervadil.

We got there around 7:30pm, and by 8:30 it was in. It was supposed to stay in for 12 hours but after only 8 hours, I was having period-like cramping (apparently that was the cervadil giving me contractions, but they were too low, too long and too close together) so they took it out early.

After a call to my OB around 8am, we started the pitocin drip to get things going. It took about 5 hours to get up to the highest dose. I was having contractions, but once again, too low and too close together to do any good. The problem was, Aurora wasn't engaging and with each low contraction, she scooted up closer to my ribs! Nurses would poke their heads in periodically and ask "On a scale of 1-10, what was your pain level like with that last contraction?" I didn't even realize I was having one! After being on pitocin for about 8 hours and NO progression (no dilation!! ) my OB made the call to go ahead with a C-section because with each contraction, her heart-rate was dipping.

I wasn't too happy because I wanted to have as few interventions as possible from the beginning of the pregnancy (which was a pipedream I suppose!) but I just wanted her out. I've never had any surgeries aside from getting wisdom teeth out, so I was slightly terrified! I went into surgery at 7pm on the 23rd, and at 7:19, Aurora Mae was born weighing 7lbs 1oz, wide awake and disgruntled to be leaving her warm comfy home of the last almost 10 months!

Everything went smoothly and now I just can't stop staring at her!! 151.JPG

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 4:09pm
you hit the dreaded 4th trimester!!!! she is so beautifull!!! another baby almost born on my birthday! i just knew one baby from this board would be! lol.. im glad you and baby r recovering well.. congrats on one pretty little girl!