6 weeks and so uncomfortable

iVillage Member
6 weeks and so uncomfortable
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 8:32am

I am 6 weeks 5 days pregnant. The past couple of nights, I have been so uncomfortable. I feel extremely bloated to the point where my stomach hurts! I have my hubby rub my belly which makes it feel a lot better. I've also noticed I start getting mild cramping later in the day, but yesterday I realized I was so hungry! After I ate, the cramping was gone and I felt fine. This is my second pregnancy, but my first one was 6 years ago, so this is all new to me. Anyone with similar symptoms? Is there anything you tried that made it feel better? Also, all I want to do lately is sit in the tub! I mean, I've always liked relaxing in a bath but I constantly want to be in the bath. I have a feeling this is going to be a long 9 months! hehe

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 11:24am

I'm bathing a lot, but for different reasons. I'm trying to skip my allergy and migraine meds (allergies trigger migraines for me) and the steam of the shower helps. I'm taking 2 showers a day most day, a few days I've taken 3.

I felt like you are describing when I was pregnant with my second. I was so swollen that nothing fit. I switched to maternity clothes at 6 weeks with him. I say you break out the stretchy pants! It helps! They'll be too big, but too big is so much better than too small. Wear good supportive shoes, too, it helps your whole posture and keeps you from getting too fatigued by the end of the day. Drink lots of water, fluids help fight cramping.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 9:47pm

I could have wrote this post lol The bloatiness is killing me, it is so uncomfortable, and I am already having constipation issues on top of that already so it is making it so much worse. Regular pants are becoming so uncomfortable but I feel like it is too early to get out the maternity pants and I hate wearing yoga pants all of the time when I go out but

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers