Baby rolling over

iVillage Member
Baby rolling over
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 1:08am

Bayram has just started to roll over. He does this funny ninja style movement with his body and rolls over. We're concerned that he may roll over to his tummy when he's sleeping at night and ... you know all the scary situations we keep hearing about. He will be 3 months old on the 24th. Is he past those dangerous situations? any ideas on how to keep him on his back during the day? 

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 11:49pm

I thought that if they are rolling over on their own they should be alright.  On the other hand, I've also heard you're not really in the clear for SIDS until around 7 mo.  I personally don't worry about it too much as long as I'm putting them down on their back.  Maybe someone else will have some better/more knowledgable insight?

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 11:50pm

I forgot to mention...How exciting for him to be rolling over already!!  I think he's the first on the board and not even 3 mo...wow!

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 1:33pm

Thank you for the response. It is exciting, it's also very funny how he does it. I'm not sure he's the first in the group though, I saw someone else mentioning how her kid is already rolling over (not sure who it was). By the way he's also drooling a loooooot and chewing on his hands, call me crazy but looks like teething to me! 

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:11pm
I think it was me who mentioned connor trying but he just hasn't made it over quiiite yet, lol! He gets so angry and red in the face for trying which is quite comical :smileyhappy: so congratulations Bayram, such a big boy!!!
I know what you mean about being concerned, I was worried he would succeed to roll in the night onto his tummy and I know he wouldn't be able to roll back :smileysad: I dont want to scare anyone but I have also heard that the threat of SIDS isn't over till 6-7 months and it was only a year and a half ago that our neighbor lost her four month old from it, so I will still use the side props until he has either mastered the roll back or reaches 7 months, but that's just me.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 2:41pm
That is great he is already rollrolling over!! It is a wonderful feeling when they roll over and scarey at the same time.. and congrats to bayram for being the 1st to roll over! Leah has rolled over.. but she has no odes how she does it.. its usually i because shes in thethrows of a fit because she hats belly time lol.. so that don't count.. her eyes will bug out when she does it like what happend! ! Lol I also keep my babies in a wedge till they can get up and crawl off it.. lol..
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 8:24pm

Mine hasnt rolled yet, but he is close from belly to back.

As far as nighttime - dont stress. Mine will NOT sleep on his back. He is a tummy sleeper and will not lay in his crib on his back more than 15 min. I was sleepless the first 3 weeks until i put him n his belly to sleep and he has slept wonderfully since 3 weeks old!

He has slept 9-5:30 since 2 months all on his belly.

babies know their comfort, so dont worry :smileyhappy:

Lilypie Maternity tickers