Breastfeeding moms?

iVillage Member
Breastfeeding moms?
Fri, 06-01-2012 - 9:33pm
I know this is stupid to ask, but its to explain to my know it all dh who refuses understand why i do things and acts like im being weird.. Im tired of arguing over something soooo stupid..

When u freeze your breastmilk in the freezer storage bags.. Do u write down just the date? Or do u write down ounces and the date? Please explain why u write what u write on the breastmilk freezer bag.

Dh seems to think the date only is needed... Ummm.. Hello, i need to know how much.. I may need more or less.. And i need it written down.. Dont want to thaw what i dont need.. Lets face it, breastmilk doesnt grow on trees!! I dont want to waste any! This argument stems from dh helping me twice and pouring the milk in the bags and freezing it.. I explained what i wanted written. Date and ounces.. He replied yes, ill will, fine fine fine.. Welp.. He only wrote the date.. Grrr.. When i asked him why, he said it was stupid to do it my way because my way made no since.. I mean, really???

He is sooo on my bad side today.. My niece lost her job as a result of moving, so dh has her herr at my house monday-friday just helping me out till she finds a job.. Well i told dh i didnt want her to come and text her and let her know the day before.. He tells me he will.. I reminded him i know a dozen times.. So. Today.. Guess who shows up.. Grrr. I asked him why he did that when i asked him to not have her come.. He replies "i wanted her to come!" what??? Oh that made me so madd! I had wanted to not have company as ive had it almost everyday for 2 weeks! Ugh! I wanted to be alone in my own house! To be honest i dont really have my niece do much.. We r just helping her out with money and i really adore my neice.. But geeze, where is my say so! Im really not in a good mood today.. Dh is on day 2 of quiting smoking and im sick of arguing over stupid stuff with him.. I told dh when it comes to my personal choices ihe has no right telling me how i should do things! If i wanna wear broccollii on my head like a tiara, by god i will!!!!! Grrrrr.. Thanks for the mini rant! Didnt realize i was gonna rant! Lol.
iVillage Member
Re: Breastfeeding moms?
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 4:41pm

the ice tray idea is a great one.. thanks for sharing that one!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 7:56pm

Are you kidding me? Of course you have to write how much is in there!! when milk freezes it expands in size. All the bags I have now have either 2, 3 or 4 oz each but they all show to have 8 to 9 oz because they expanded in size. And yes, I don't want to waste any drop either.. reading the post made me mad too, until I got to the broccoli tiara part :smileyhappy: 

I'm sorry you have to go through this, husbands can be more frustrating than babies sometimes, they think we do the things the wa we do them just for fun! Hang in there, I hope to see you back in your usual good mood soon. 

pregnancy due date