Cereal?

iVillage Member
Cereal?
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 1:55pm
Has anyone started baby cereal yet? Emma is only 3 months but I think she may be ready soon. She just never seems filled up and she is always watching us and chewing those fingers! The dr started my older DD in cereal when she was 4 months. I'm hoping she will do the same with Emma. Just curious as to what everyone else was doing.
iVillage Member
In reply to: brownblb
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:17pm
My PED put Jake on cereal at 4 months.. he was never full and was cranky a lot.. my Ods I started him at 5 months to just let him try it out. By 6months he was pigging out.. Leah.. now she is interested! Lol.. she watches us eat like Jake did.. so I imagine we will start her on cereal..soon.. cereal is easily digested and is a great way to get their tummies ready for baby food and table food later... :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 8:20pm

My honest opinion - skip cereal all together.

If your baby is ready for solids and spoons, give them veggies. then fruits then meats.

I am all about table foods early, i did it with both my older boys (3 months start) but the cereal is just a filler. Give them veggies or juice some veggies/fruits and let them drink it

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 11:45pm

We have always started cereal around 4-5 months.  I think with our first the doc said to start around 4 mo and with the second they were recommending to wait until 6 mo.  I don't think I would start before 4 mo but if you think she is ready at that point I would go for it!

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:13pm
Not yet, but we usually start around five months. Connor has been chewing his fingers as well, but my ped said he was starting to teethe. Could this be the same for Emma?
Photobucket