Crazy Busy!!

iVillage Member
Crazy Busy!!
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 11:20am

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden we got super busy!!  DD had her umbilical hernia surgery early in July and it went extremely well.  I know kids recover a lot easier/faster than adults but I was still expecting my repair to go fairly well/easy.  Well, I just had it done on Friday and I am so sore.  I have to give props to all those nursing moms that had c-sections because my abdominal muscles hurt so bad I can barely lay Maxwell on my belly to nurse him.  It doesn't help that he is getting really wiggly and elbows me constantly but I still didn't expect it to hurt so much.  Other than that I am finally feeling a bit better and having more energy after that.  Now we just have one more month before school starts, which seems crazy, and we have a ton of stuff going on in August.  We are big county fair junkies (they remind me of my childhood as I was in 4-H and spent the whole week there) and DH puts on a car show with his brother.  Then there is another big car show we always go to and a rodeo, wedding, our church bizarre, etc.  I have to say I am a little excited for school to start since the older kids are in a love-hate relationship lately.  It seems like they can't decide if they want to play together or fight with each other :smileyhappy:

Maxwell is doing great.  We went camping with a big group of my family and I can't say he enjoyed all the extra people though.  He was pretty fussy unless DH or I were holding him.  Of course, that was okay with me because I love being the preferred person to console my kids.  Lately Max has been infatuated with his hands though.  We keep trying to give him toys to eat but he really enjoys his hands.  Unfortunately, I also found him with his thumb in his mouth last night when he woke at 4:30 to eat but hopefully we can avoid the thumb sucking if we persist during the day with the pacifier! 

Just thought I would take a minute to update...would love to hear what everyone else has been up to and any new things your babies have been doing!!

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."