Does Your DH/SO Help with Diaper Changes?

iVillage Member
Does Your DH/SO Help with Diaper Changes?
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 2:05pm

The latest issue of US Weekly shows a beaming Kourtney Kardashian snuggling with her two kids, 2-year-old Mason and 4-week-old Penelope. But there's one thing the new mama surely can't be smiling about: According to the magazine, Kourtney's boyfriend of 6 years, Scott Disick, hasn't changed a single one of his baby daughter's diapers!

That's right, not a one. (To be fair, he tells the magazine: "My son is almost three and I don't mind changing his diapers, I'm just not comfortable doing it when the baby is that small. One wrong move and you could break the child's bone. At least my son can tell me, 'Dad, you're doing it wrong.' With a little baby it's scary.")

Kourtney Kardashian: Scott Doesn't Change Baby Diapers! Wait, What? - http://www.ivillage.com/kourtney-kardashian-scott-disick-doesnt-change-diapers/6-a-479076

How do you things work in your house? Does your DH/SO help with diaper changes or is that mainly something you do?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 4:55pm
When dh is at home, he will change our babies diaper if i ask and will also take her while im my way to change her and volunteer to do it.. He has always been a hands on dad with all 3 of our kids.. Very envolved.. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 11:31pm
Mine too :smileyhappy: thank goodness! Lately he isn't in the house much as it is his busy time but he always makes a point of taking Connor at lunch time or before bed and playing with him and holding him and if he is dirty he will change him.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 9:23pm

Mine sounds about the same.  I definitely get the bulk being at home but he is more than willing to do the work if he's around.  Amazingly, his dad has never changed a diaper in his life.  Granted DH only has one brother but still...  MIL says she didn't necessarily mind as she was worried he would pin their skin with the cloth diapers:smileylol:

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."