Don't know what to do... (re: law school graduation)

iVillage Member
Don't know what to do... (re: law school graduation)
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 9:28pm

My law school graduation is the same day as my due date.

My law school graduation is the same day as my due date. I have 2 kids already and this is a huge accomplishment for me (I had #2 in my first year). I would have to travel cross country as I'm studying my last year in our "home" state (long story). I w
iVillage Member

Oh, that really bites. What a rough situation to be in! You get 2 awesome things to celebrate, but you can't fully celebrate! Don't risk traveling. If your baby is born early or on your due date, you probably will be so overjoyed with your little one that you won't care as much (maybe). But, if your little one is a few days late, oh that would be torture for you to sit around thinking about it! Does your school have December or January graduation ceremonies? I know it's not the same, but it would be better than nothing. You could do the winter graduation ceremony so your kids could see you walk and celebrate. (My husband graduated in December but his school didn't do winter graduation, so he had to wait 6 months to walk. It wasn't quite the same, but he was glad he went back and did it. He didn't feel like a real graduate until he got on the gown and walked.)

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member

Unfortunately no :( I'm semi wishing baby would come early but then baby cant fly either. boo.

My law school graduation is the same day as my due date. I have 2 kids already and this is a huge accomplishment for me (I had #2 in my first year). I would have to travel cross country as I'm studying my last year in our "home" state (long story). I w
iVillage Member

Lanie pregnancy
iVillage Member
That is hard! I would probably check with your dr about how you are doing at the time and still not decide against it just yet. There are hospitals all over the country so if you aren't too concerned about not having YOUR dr then I say go for it!

I have to say I LOVE your photography! Not sure how, but I had heard of you before and love it! I have a full time job, but photography is a passion and I am trying to improve on it and have a side job (because I love my other job).

Also, you are one heck of a person doing all that you do! I don't know how you do all this!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Why couldn't baby fly? I think a friend flew with her newborn shortly after she was born....
 BabyFruit Ticker