First Ultrasound on Thursday and soooooo nervous

iVillage Member
First Ultrasound on Thursday and soooooo nervous
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 11:56am

I just needed to come vent....I have my first ultrasound on Thursday, and I am very very nervous. Im afriad I will go in and there will not be a heartbeat, or the baby will not be growing like it should. BTW I will be 10 weeks on Thursday. I had my first OB appointment last Thursday, which went well as far as I know. The last time I was in the Radiology room was with a friend who found out her baby was not growing. Has anyone been as nervous as I am with their first ultrasound? How did things turn out?

iVillage Member

MEEEE!!! I'm terrified every time (unless I've been feeling a lot of movement) and I never go alone.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I can totally understand where you are coming from. We had our first ultrasound during week 7, and I went from being very excited to terrified and bracing myself for the worst even though I really had no idea how it would go. Thankfully we saw a heartbeat and the baby looked good.

Good luck to you! I hope all goes well on Thursday and you get to see your amazing little baby wiggling around!

Lee, Mommy to DD Noelle born January 2010. BFP in February 2011, lost pregnancy at 10 weeks in April 2011. BFP in August 2011, hopeful and happy to be expecting our baby due May 9, 2012.

iVillage Member

That was a big fear of mine after the recent miscarriage, that I would have an empty sac or a baby and no hb. I had my first appt today and everything went great which is such a relief. Than you hear experiences such as Aimee above and I couldnt even imagine how that must feel especially so far along and thinking you are in the clear.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

That is awesome! I guess we will know on Thursday if my due date stays the same or changes. Have you had an ultrasound yet or have you heard your

iVillage Member

I actually had my first ultrasound yesterday, we got to see him/her wiggling their leg and arm buds around

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers