Going to the doctor...

iVillage Member
Going to the doctor...
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 8:08am
So, I'm taking Emma to the doctor today. I want to know what is going on with her. Is it a dairy allergy? Or just an insensitivity? Can I give her soy when I supplement (I don't always pump a lot)? How much dairy if any can I actually eat? What if I can't do it, is it ok to wean and formula feed? Lol. See I have tons of questions and am just so confused! They had me save one of her dirty diapers and put it in the fridge so they can test her stool. And they wante me to writr down what ive been eating the past few days luckily im doing weight watchers, so i have a log of months worth of food! I'm just glad to (hopefully) be getting some answers! I'll let you know how it goes and what I find out. Thanks to everyone who has been giving me some advice and support!
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 8:56am

Good luck! I hope you get some answers, and find some solutions :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 11:15am

Good luck. Let us know what the doctor said. 

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:42pm

How did it go?  Did you get any answers?

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 3:36pm
The dr appt. went pretty well. I went into the office very worked up and crying and the dr told me (in a nice way) that I needed to calm down. Lol. But she (the dr) wasn't sure if it was in fact dairy from my milk but the formula Emma was drinking from when I occasionally give bottles. So she's having me slowly introduce dairy back into my diet and puttin Emma on a hypoallergenic formula. She also is doing a full blood work up checking for anemia and other things. She also thinks Emma may have acid reflux and may give meds but we are seeing if the formula change helps first. Ive decided to breastfeed until Emma is 4months old (September) then I'm going to only breasfeed before bed and during the night/early morning and give bottles during the day. I really think it will help my "sanity". Things are ALOT different when you go from one child to two! Thanks for checking on us ladies! I appreciate it!! Hope things are going well with you and all of you LO!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 9:13am

I am glad that the doctor implemented a good plan, and I hope it all gets better soon :smileyhappy:  I totally agree, it is such a change going from one baby to two.  I have said this to my friends time and again, I have four children, but the hardest transition was adding the second baby because you just aren't used to dividing your time, at least that is how it was for me....though now that I have four children I feel like someone is always disappointed because I just can't give everything to everybody at the same time, so maybe just having kids is hard?!  LOL :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 10:35am

Ha ha...having kids is definitely hard!!  I agree that adding the second did seem harder than the third but I also think the child's personality can make a difference so the 5th could seem more challenging than all the others.

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."