Herbal tea

iVillage Member
Herbal tea
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 1:22pm

What tea are guys drinking?

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 2:17pm

I don't know about the fennel seed tea, but I can't live without my cup of black tea in the morning. It is much less caffeine compared to coffee, so I am not worried about it. Have you tried any of the decaf teas?

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 8:41am
I thought that raspberry and chammomile were teas to AVOID? Now I am confused?! I drink decaf white teas like tetley blueberry and pomegranate or vanilla rooibos.

This is the article that said not to drink the chamomile or raspberry
http://www.babybellies.ca/index.php?pr=Article-Pregnancy-Safe-Herbal-Teas

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 11:06am

I'm still drinking black teas. I cannot decaf cold turkey like that and I was well past the "danger" zone for caffine related miscarriagles before I even found out I was pregnant. (I type this as I sip on my 1/2 cup of black coffed that is a Saturday morning treat)

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 11:43am

Yeah, now I'm confused too. But I remember the articles I read specifically say rasberry leaf tea not rasberry (I'm sure there is a difference!!). Chamomille, I remember reading an article that was raving about its benefits for pregnant women. It wasn't a medical article, it was just a blog or something like that, so it may be one of those articles based on cultural beliefs about something so I didn't take it seriousely, but I remember many others that included chamomille in their safe to drink teas during pregnancy. Anyways, I just stay away from anything that has mixed messages about it in the internet.

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 11:47am

illuvalexander: I don't drink decafs because I read one time a medical article about how the decaf drinks can be dangerous because there is indeed an amount of caffeine in them, so it may confuse people who think there is no caffeine in them at and leads them to think they can drink as much as they want, anyways, it just scared me and decided to stay away from decaf beverages unless I have to have something once in a while. But for now, I'm looking for something I can use regularly until this trimester is over and I'm allowed for a cup of caffeinated drink a day again (that's what my previous ob-gyn said I can have with my first pregnancy by the end of the first trimester).

pregnancy due date