Made myself a schedule

iVillage Member
Made myself a schedule
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 10:39am

Lately I have been in a funk and just can't keep up with anything so I made myself a schedule for the day.  I put times in for everything from brushing teeth to play time to making and eating dinner.  I also made a cleaning time and designated a different task/room for each day and certain laundry for each day.  I will be starting on Monday and hopefully it will help me stay motivated and stay caught up with things!!  Anyone else do something like this?

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 12:02pm
I don't do this but that is a really good idea! I'm also a very "schedule" person and like things to run smoothly! Thanks for the idea I may have to do this as well! :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 12:09am
It IS a great idea and I am also a list maker so I would totally do it, however I also like things to go according to the list so knowing my personality I would probably panic at the first sign of variation and get totally depressed and feel like a failure , lol!! In all seriousness though, good luck and let us know how it goes :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 5:03pm
I started this after ds2 was born.. Sundays i dust.. And de-junk from the week..Bathrooms monday and fridays.. Ect.. Then there r things i do every day like laundry, dishes, sweeping ect.. I just make sure i get it done before i hit the bed.. Helped me alot.. No im just used to it.. : ) i dont look at my list.. I know and my family knows what im doing and what day.. So they move outta my way or the get drafted! Lol one thing that helped was making sure the bulk was done by 9am.. It sped me up.. Then i start the "up keep" directly after supper.. This keeps me from loosing my day to house cleaning.. Let us know how it goes for u..
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 9:18pm

Last week didn't go as well as I hoped but it was better than pre-schedule days.  DH was off a couple days and we had some doctor appts so that threw things off.  Hopefully it keeps getting better each day!

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."