Teething??

iVillage Member
Teething??
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 9:11pm

Aurora's been chewing on her fingers the past week or so and the past two days she's had a low-grade fever. She's been super drooly and she's been fussy when nursing but other than that she's not gassy or upset or anything which makes me think she's got a tooth coming in. She's only 2months and 1 week!! That seems SO early to start teething!

Anyone else's LO teething?

iVillage Member
In reply to: julesymama
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:52pm

Maxwell has really started enjoying his hands in the last couple weeks also.  I haven't even considered it to be teething though because it would be really early for them to come in.  Maybe it's just a developmental thing.  I think their normal temp at this age can be higher than when they are older.  Do you feel anything poking through her gums?

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 8:57am

Two months seems early, but I know from experience that they can have teething SYMPTOMS as early as three months.  A couple of my kids definitely had the symptoms, red, hot cheeks, drooling, chewing fists, low-grade fever, and my health nurse agreed that it was the beginning of teething symptoms, but the teeth themselves can take as long as a few months later than the symptoms to actualy show.  Sure enough, they all got their first tooth somewhere around six-seven months

Photobucket