Weight loss thread for August

iVillage Member
Weight loss thread for August
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 5:25pm

Hi all! Sorry I am a bit behind on the posting, but now that swimming lessons are done, I have tiny bit more time on hand, not much but a little :smileytongue:

So far I am still doing pretty good.  I probably won't reach my pre pg weight before my trip in a month and a half thanks to my surgery in a few weeks, but I will be within 15 pounds.  Considering I started out over 40 pounds overweight, I am actually pretty pleased! I have been walking nearly every day and almost always with Connor strapped into his carrier, so the heavier he gets (which is getting VERY heavy!) the better workout I get, so that is good :smileyhappy: I am also pretty proud that I have been able to get into establishing really good eating habits and amazingly been able to maintain them.  I never snack on cookies or chips anymore and can usually get by with eating fresh fruits or veggies at night instead.  Right now I have lost over 20 pounds and haven't had a week where I have gained anything, so I am hoping to continue on this regime and eventually lose the next 20 and once I am at my pre pg weight I would like to lose another 10 ideally.

How is everyone else doing?  I promise I will be more diligent on the posting and be a better cheerleader!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 7:05pm

I am down 5lb below pre-preg weight but still have a bit of fluff that needs to tone up.  I think this time around I have noticed my metabolism being really amped up...I am always sweating!

Lisa, I wouldn't worry too much about your surgery inhibiting your exercise--the walking at least.  After my repair I felt pretty awful for 2-3 days (I think I got sick from the anesthesia) but then it started to get bearable and by a week I was walking all day at the county fair.  As long as my pants were loose enough it didn't seem to bother.  Now I am 2 weeks out and I barely notice it. 

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 9:09am

Great job getting below your pre pg weight! That is fantastic! Thanks for the encouragement, it is good to know that your surgery didn't affect you much.  When did you have yours? Was it a mesh repair?   Was it a problem to carry your baby?  My biggest worry when I go for my pre-op on Wednesday is that they are going to tell me I can't lift or carry Connor and that just isn't a possibility.  Any tips on a speedy recovery?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 10:06am

I had my repair July 27, so 3 weeks ago and it was a mesh repair.  My post-op instructions were light activity for 1 wk and then no lifting over 25lb for 4 weeks.  At first I thought it would mean no carrying Maxwell in his carseat.  I did avoid that for the first week or so but it was such a pain that I physically weighed him in the carseat and it came to 23-24lb.  I don't think it would have been such a big deal if he was sitting up on his own or close to it since he'd be able to sit in a cart or high chair.  Carrying just him wasn't too bad...I just made sure to hold him up high for about that first week and then the next week I just tried to avoid him kicking/standing on the area.  You're having yours done in Sept right? 

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 11:17pm
Sept 6, so only three more weeks. What a relief that I can still carry him! I was worried it would be strict lifting like after my CSX. They told me no more than 10 -15 pounds after that and Connor is already 15 :-0
Photobucket