What Do You Miss the Most?

iVillage Member
What Do You Miss the Most?
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 8:23am

What do you miss the most since you've been pregnant?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 8:46am

I gave up everything before trying to get pregnant. With my first two, I had a horrible time giving things up. I couldn't tell if I was in caffiene withdrawal or suffering morning sickness. And I get migraine headaches - it took months to get them managed by diet/sleep/stress changes instead of just taking another pill. I gave it all up earlier this summer so I could wean myself off of bad habits slowly. My worst habit - I was drinking at least 12 diet mountain dew's a day. It took about 2 months to get myself down to what I do now - a half serving of soda a day, but only "normal" soda like diet coke, never mountain dew again.

I do miss smoking. I live about 20 minutes from the border of another state. Our state is non-smoking (in restaurants and businesses, even the local college is smoke free.) My husband and I used to have a fun date night when we'd get a sitter and drive to a lakeside restaurant across the border, and eat and have a drink and smoke watching the boats go by. I guess it was never about the smoking anyway, just the whole fun night, but I don't want to go anymore just to eat. It's too hard watching everyone else smoke and drink and party when I can't.

If my blood pressure rises (it did the last pregnancies) I'll have to give up salt. I'm not looking forward to that! I'm a salt fiend!

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 8:55am
My stomach crunches:( I miss them! I used to do about 500/day and miss that 'toned' feeling. Otherwise, no coffee here and I still drink as much caffeine as I always have. My dr doesn't say to cut back or anything. Cold meat sandwiches are ok to eat according to my dr. And I have lots more time to continue sleeping on my belly:)
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 10:39am
Ugh, I miss smoking so much! I know it's a horrible, disgusting habit, but I really enjoy it. I quit the whole time I was pregnant with DS, and started up again when he was about 5 weeks old. I obviously quit again when I found out I was pregnant this time, but it's hard. I think I'd pay a million dollars to be able to have my morning coffee and smokes like I used to!

I also do miss lunch meat. I don't even eat it that much, but you know how it is when you're suddenly "not allowed" to have something.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 11:24am

I'm a stomach sleeper! I think that's what is contributing to my lack of sleep now, I've tried finding other positions that are as comfortable for me, and nothing!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 12:47pm
nothing... I just miss not feeling so sick lol.

photo VBsiggy_zps6a15f198.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 9:19am
I want a bloody mary!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 12:34pm
Wait, we are not supposed to have lunch meat??? How come?

The thing I have always missed in the past was feta cheese. With my third, I asked for a greek salad with tons of feta the minute she was born!

We went to the apple orchards last month and were drinking unpasteurized apple juice straight from the farm. After my third glass, I thought, hm, I probably shouldn't be having this.

I had about a week of headaches from giving up my morning joe. I do miss my coffee & caffeine & diet sodas.
Jen, momma to 3 DDs, 1 DS, and 2 StepDDs - expecting our 7th! having a baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 1:05pm

According to my friend who was pregnant... lunch meat can have listeria. That's the same disease that was on the cantelope

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 1:25pm
Hm. Interesting. I'll have to ask about that at the Dr!
Jen, momma to 3 DDs, 1 DS, and 2 StepDDs - expecting our 7th! having a baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 1:28pm

oooooh a Blody Mary sounds soooo good lol! I miss craving healthy foods! And maybe beer :) But mostly I just miss my appetite. For some reason all I crave is sugar and I am not a sweets person!!

Photobucket